Windows 10: AV1 Hardware Accelerated Video support rolling out on Windows 10

Discus and support AV1 Hardware Accelerated Video support rolling out on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This fall, Microsoft’s hardware partners are rolling out hardware accelerated AV1 video support on new Windows 10 systems with the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

AV1 Hardware Accelerated Video support rolling out on Windows 10

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...0/ba-p/1765451

:)

Brink, Oct 9, 2020

2. Hardware Acceleration

Hi Gibson,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Provide us the following information to assist you better.

• What happens when you try to play the game?

• Do you receive any error message?
    Not all computers will support this. Most new computers using NVidia or AMD/ATI graphics cards will not have the ability to change the amount of acceleration through. These options are typically only available on older computers
    or computers using onboard video

Hardware acceleration cannot be increased or decreased. It can only be enabled or disabled. It also depends on the graphics card. Some graphics cards do not support hardware acceleration.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable it:

a. On the desktop, press
    Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

b. In
    Large Icons View, click on Display and click on
    Change Display Settings, in the left pane.

c. Click on
    Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.

d. Click on the
    Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to
    Full.

e. Click on
    OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 9, 2020
  3. JewelDove Win User
    Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10

I apologize in advance as I am not in IT, but I was recently having trouble with some features while streaming videos. The only fix suggested was to disable hardware acceleration (that's why I'm posting this). I unsuccessfully followed the instructions
    suggested to me & they are the same as suggested here by
    Ramesh.Kumar (control panel.........display.........advanced settings...........[I'm skipping steps]........troubleshooting). I couldn't find the troubleshooting or hardware acceleration options anywhere.

I did find a way to adjust these settings even though I never saw the actual words, "hardware acceleration". I am sharing it with you if you still need it.

Right Click on desktop > graphics properties

From there you can go to "Display" and/or "3D" and adjust the settings as wanted.

Good luck!

JD

JewelDove, Oct 9, 2020
  4. AV1 Hardware Accelerated Video support rolling out on Windows 10

Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable or disable it:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • In Large Icons View, click on
      Display
      and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.
    • Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the
      Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
    • Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

AV1 Hardware Accelerated Video support rolling out on Windows 10

1. AV1 Hardware Accelerated Video support rolling out on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AV1 Hardware Accelerated

2. how to fix hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported or video graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported or video graphics driver: When I click on gamespre installed and open any game it shows this error hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported like thisPlease give me a solution...
  3. Windows 10 is getting hardware-accelerated AV1 video streaming support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting hardware-accelerated AV1 video streaming support: In 2017, the Alliance for Open Media announced a new AV1 codec that will eventually replace H.264. In future, AV1 codec is set to become primary codec for online streaming and Microsoft has also confirmed that Windows 10 will become one of the first operating systems to...
  4. video card drivers that support open gl accelerator hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card drivers that support open gl accelerator hardware: I need to download new video drivers for video card on my dell. It needs to support open gl accelerator hardware. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-drivers-that-support-open-gl/eb78863b-061d-40a2-a619-eed9aa4e8aa6
  5. Hardware Acceleration In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Acceleration In Windows 10: I cannot turn in hardware acceleration in my windows 10 PC. Generally, it is located in the Display section of the control panel. But in my control panel, I cannot see a Display section. Please help me turn on hardware acceleration on my PC....
  6. Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10: A couple of days ago, Microsoft released AV1 video codec app for Windows 10 devices. The application can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for free. AV1 Video Codec extension is available for free and you can get it on all Windows 10 devices including the PC and Surface...
  7. Add AV1 codec support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add AV1 codec support to Windows 10: AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an up- and coming open video codec that is backed by a large number of tech companies including Mozilla, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Netflix, or Nvidia. AV1 is royalty-free, a fact that makes it very attractive to companies that produce...
  8. Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube: How to: Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube How to Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia),...
  9. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the...
  10. Add AV1 Codec Support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AV1 Codec Support to Windows 10: How to: Add AV1 Codec Support to Windows 10 How to Add AV1 Codec Support to Windows 10 AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia), a...