Windows 10: Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops

Discus and support Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, I am aware that most if not all Android phones and iPhones reach a point where they do not receive new UI updates from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matthew Tieu, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops

To whom it may concern,

I am aware that most if not all Android phones and iPhones reach a point where they do not receive new UI updates from the manufacturer. I have a 6 year old laptop which is still able to receive new Windows updates despite being slow. For this reason, I am curious if Microsoft ever restricts feature updates e.g. version 1909, .. , 20H2 to newer computers running Windows 10. I would appreciate it if you could respond to my question.

Regards

Matthew Tieu

:)

Matthew Tieu, Nov 21, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 21, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops

1. Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops - Similar Threads - Availability Updates older

2. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  3. Windows update is reinstalling older driver

Windows update is reinstalling older driver: Im using Lenovo Ideapad S340 and using the Intel driver and support assistant im trying to install Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows* drivers but after the installation is complete windows update reinstalls this driver Intel Corporation - Display -...
  4. Microsoft VLSC - Availability of Older Versions of Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VLSC - Availability of Older Versions of Windows 10 OS: I purchased my Windows 10 version 1511 back in 2016.For various reasons I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 version 1909 Nov.I've looked through the Microsoft Download Catalogue but can only find an ISO for Windows 8.1However, I know that Microsoft offers all the older...
  5. Microsoft VLSC - Availability of Older Versions of Windows 10 OS

Microsoft VLSC - Availability of Older Versions of Windows 10 OS: I purchased my Windows 10 version 1511 back in 2016.For various reasons I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 version 1909 Nov.I've looked through the Microsoft Download Catalogue but can only find an ISO for Windows 8.1However, I know that Microsoft offers all the older...
  6. Microsoft VLSC - Availability of Older Versions of Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. re-vitalising older laptops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    re-vitalising older laptops: Hi folks If you have an older laptop with a slow 2.5 inch HDD and it's nigh on impossible to change the HDD - a method that works really well in fact to really speed up your Windows system is to do the following 1) Create the "Free" way to make a Windows to Go system on to...
  8. Older Laptop - no HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Older Laptop - no HD: Have an older Compaq nc6220 laptop with no HD installed. Have purchased a new HD and am about to install it. I don't know how to acquire / load Windows 10 Home on that new HD - correct me if I'm wrong, but downloading the license isn't an option cause there's no OS on...
  9. Windows install on older laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows install on older laptop: When installing windows 10 on an old dell vostro 3550 computer the graphics switches from the laptop screen to the vga connector and the output can be viewed with a vga monitor. I have updated the video driver and that doesn't help. I have another identical laptop that has...
  10. Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating Question For New Laptop / But Older Version: I bought a couple new laptops from HP back in Feb or March 2017. These are Windows 10 Pro 64. I've been using one of them since then, but the other laptop is still brand new in the box. I don't remember what version they came with, but will there be any kind of problems...