Windows 10: Available networks not appearing

Discus and support Available networks not appearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a Lenovo Yoga laptop and I have not been able to see my available networks recently. I have updated my computer, checked for driver updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agray_73, Aug 23, 2021.

1. agray_73 Win User

Available networks not appearing

I am using a Lenovo Yoga laptop and I have not been able to see my available networks recently. I have updated my computer, checked for driver updates, and followed the instructions of many online forum posts to no avail. Whenever I go to look at available networks, the window will pop up with only 3 dots moving across the top, then disappear. If I turn off the wifi on my device, the window will load. However, whenever I turn the wifi back on, it will not show any available networks or it exits the window.

:)

agray_73, Aug 23, 2021

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

4. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Available networks not appearing - Similar Threads - Available networks appearing

2. Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks: Wi-Fi extender is plugged in, and the Wi-Fi light is green. However, the extender does not appear in the list of available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-extender-does-not-appear-in-available/79a55388-5aa3-4522-bace-494052e446d1
  3. Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks: Wi-Fi extender is plugged in, and the Wi-Fi light is green. However, the extender does not appear in the list of available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-extender-does-not-appear-in-available/79a55388-5aa3-4522-bace-494052e446d1
  4. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  5. No Available Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Available Network: My WiFi on my Windows 10 PC unexpectedly stopped working. It isn't displaying any of the network's content. Its acts are out of the ordinary. Despite the fact that my WiFi is visible on my mobile and is fully functional. However, I use an external modem for WiFi. It's fine...
  6. One specific Wi-Fi network doesn't appear in the available networks

One specific Wi-Fi network doesn't appear in the available networks: So, here's the problem: I'm a digital artist, and I have a Cintiq Companion 2 with Windows 10 that I haven't used in a few months, after I got myself a MobileStudio Pro. Now, the MobileStudio recently decided to die on me, so while I try to send it for repairs, I thought I...
  7. New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New WiFi network not appearing on available networks: We just got a new internet service at home and the network is not appearing on the “available networks” tab. A bunch of other networks that are not this one are appearing. I looked up troubleshooting tips on my phone and none of them solved the problem. I don’t know what to...
  8. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  9. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...