Windows 10: Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December

Discus and support Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just found out that the available RAM on my PC is 5.91GB of RAM. It actually used to be 7.1GB~7.56GB I don't remember the actual figure and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akul_6309, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Akul_6309 Win User

Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December

Hello,

I just found out that the available RAM on my PC is 5.91GB of RAM. It actually used to be 7.1GB~7.56GB I don't remember the actual figure and off late it has led to memory crashes, something that has never happened before. [ Note : My PC has 8GB of RAM out of which at least more than 7.1~7.5 is usable]

I don't know why this is happening, but I suppose it could be the effect of the DEC 2020 windows update not really sure, but i'm assuming that its happened after the update.

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Yours Truly

Akul

:)

Akul_6309, Dec 25, 2020

2. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December :D

DrunkenMafia, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December - Similar Threads - Available RAM less

2. Task manager showing less ram than available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager showing less ram than available: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D15 and it has 16GB ram.when i open task manager it says Im using 20% 400mb of ram!??!available ram is 15.8GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-less-ram-than-available/6e4da0ad-095b-4b30-b003-b58808cb22ad
  3. Task manager showing less ram than available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager showing less ram than available: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D15 and it has 16GB ram.when i open task manager it says Im using 20% 400mb of ram!??!available ram is 15.8GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-less-ram-than-available/6e4da0ad-095b-4b30-b003-b58808cb22ad
  4. W11 "detecting" less ram than what I have.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 "detecting" less ram than what I have.: HelloBoth BIOS and CPU-Z show 64gb, but windows says I only have 48gb on system.^Windows Version.^CPU-Z memory tab^Windows showing memory sorry, it's in spanish, but 48gb installed, 47.7 avaiable^Task Manager, also showing 48gb...
  5. W11 "detecting" less ram than what I have.

W11 "detecting" less ram than what I have.: HelloBoth BIOS and CPU-Z show 64gb, but windows says I only have 48gb on system.^Windows Version.^CPU-Z memory tab^Windows showing memory sorry, it's in spanish, but 48gb installed, 47.7 avaiable^Task Manager, also showing 48gb...
  6. Using less than free ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using less than free ram: I have 4gb ram installed on my windows but for some reason when i use my ram and see in task manager, the free space is very less and it uses only 3gb ramin short: i have 4gb ram 3.80 usable but it only uses 3gb ram. help me fix ithelp me solve this issue this makes my...
  7. Using less than free ram

Using less than free ram: I have 4gb ram installed on my windows but for some reason when i use my ram and see in task manager, the free space is very less and it uses only 3gb ramin short: i have 4gb ram 3.80 usable but it only uses 3gb ram. help me fix ithelp me solve this issue this makes my...
  8. The usable ram is less than installed ram

in Windows 10 Customization
    The usable ram is less than installed ram: Can some one help me here! I just upgraded my laptop with SSD and RAM I used to have 4GB of ram so I changed it with 8GB stick, My laptop has only one slot for RAM after changing now it is showing that the usable memory is only 6.89 GB can anyone tell me what is going on...
  9. usaeable ram less than installed ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usaeable ram less than installed ram: hi. so i got this problem since a couple of months ago i got an asus vivobook x505za powered with ryzen 3 2200u with vega 3 graphics i got 6gb ddr4 2400mhz of ram but only 5gb of it is useable and the remaining 1gb is set as hardware reserved memory i tried to fix it...
  10. Less Usable RAM available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Less Usable RAM available: I have 4 GB of installed RAM but i had only 3.47 GB of RAM usable. After I reinstalled my windows (i updated it) it shows only 2.98 GB of Ram usable. Why? How may i fix it?...