Windows 10: Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!!

Discus and support Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chaluva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Chaluva Win User

Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!!

The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!!

Here's how:

Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and Internet
    Step 2: Go to Network and Sharing Center and then select change adpater settings
    Step 3: Then right click on WIFI and select "Diagnose".
    Step 4: After this u need to select "Fix Now".

Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!! 14e22f35-7bfd-45a8-adb8-0fe405fb486b?upload=true.jpg

That's it, you are done!!!
    Hope this helps you :

Sorry as I had an answer for this question!!

:)

Chaluva, Jul 6, 2020

2. Available Networks not shown

On login screen (Refer screenshot 1) available networks are shown when I click on icon of WI-FI.

Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!! [​IMG]

However, when I login and click on WI-FI icon, available networks are not show. I have tried all the solutions available on different forums but nothing seems to be working. (Refer screenshot 2)

Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!! [​IMG]

Also, I reset my windows 10 and have installed couple of new programs like VLC, foobar, photoscape but none of them appear in programs list when I click on Start button.

Please help.

bharichinmay, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 6, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!! - Similar Threads - Available 'Wi Fi'

2. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  3. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  4. Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks: Wi-Fi extender is plugged in, and the Wi-Fi light is green. However, the extender does not appear in the list of available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-extender-does-not-appear-in-available/79a55388-5aa3-4522-bace-494052e446d1
  5. Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks: Wi-Fi extender is plugged in, and the Wi-Fi light is green. However, the extender does not appear in the list of available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-extender-does-not-appear-in-available/79a55388-5aa3-4522-bace-494052e446d1
  6. Windows 10 will not show available Wi-Fi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not show available Wi-Fi networks: My Windows was not showing available wifi networks. What could be happening, this I think happened after an update but I'm not sure.I would like your help, I will be grateful....
  7. List of available wi-fi networks

List of available wi-fi networks: Recently had cable internet installed. Previous to that we had internet through the phone company...all products worked fine AS LONG AS THE INTERNET WASN'T DOWN. After cable was installed: tablet, Ipad, GoogleHome, 3 TVs, all see and use new wifi network. Laptop running...
  8. Wi-fi settings and available networks

Wi-fi settings and available networks: I am trying to connect an EchoDot to my network but wi-fi settings will not show me any information about available networks. When I click on the link it just goes dark, nothing happens, no screen pops up, no information at all. Is this yet another failure of Windows 10 to...
  9. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: hello, My laptop drops connection with my wi-fi network and all available wi-fi networks disappear from the list. After 1 minute, networks that disappeared reappears, but doesn't connect automatically to my network (connect automatically is checked). This happens every 30...
  10. Available Networks not shown

Available Networks not shown: On login screen (Refer screenshot 1) available networks are shown when I click on icon of WI-FI. [img] However, when I login and click on WI-FI icon, available networks are not show. I have tried all the solutions available on different forums but nothing seems to be...