Windows 10: Available Wifi Networks List

Discus and support Available Wifi Networks List in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ron Yanuszewski, May 31, 2022.

1. Available Wifi Networks List

I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not longer broadcasting so why are the networks still showing in "Available Networks"? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Ron Yanuszewski, May 31, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

List availible wifi networks with powershell

I ran the command

Available Wifi Networks List [​IMG]

I went away and made a pot of coffee then came back to the computer, checked that two minutes had passed and ran the command again

and I then clicked as soon as I could on the Taskbar, Network icon to bring up the list

and I also ran the NirSoft WiFiInfo tool I mentioned earlier to show relative signal strengths.

Are you getting a lot of fading in & out of WiFi signal strength by any chance? Are you on 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Is fading what's leading to the symptoms you see?
    You can monitor fading by watching the Taskbar, Network icon or by using NirSoft WiFiInfo tool, which I find easier because [as in my illustration] it can be sorted by signal strength so you can see networks flicking up & down the list.

Denis

3. Try3 Win User

So that's the same behaviour that I see and which I regard as normal behaviour.

Denis

4. Ghot Win User

Available Wifi Networks List

Thema:

Available Wifi Networks List

1. Available Wifi Networks List - Similar Threads - Available Wifi Networks

2. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  3. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  4. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  6. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  7. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

8. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  9. Available Wifi Networks List

Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  10. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...