Windows 10: Avalanche of contextual popups

Discus and support Avalanche of contextual popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I am inundated with contextual pops ups to the point pc practically useless. I hv tried everything found surfing incl resets (factory &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lacustre, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Lacustre Win User

Avalanche of contextual popups

Hello all,
    I am inundated with contextual pops ups to the point pc practically useless. I hv tried everything found surfing incl resets (factory & keeping files) to eliminate them but to no avail. Malwarebytes shows pc to be malware/virus free. Any suggestions most welcome. Thks.

Win 10 Pro
    Version 1909

:)

Lacustre, Apr 28, 2020

2. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Contextual click issues

Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up.

Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help.

Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get out. It makes doing image editing for photography quite difficult...

mystery250, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Avalanche of contextual popups

Jsssssssss, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Avalanche of contextual popups

1. Avalanche of contextual popups - Similar Threads - Avalanche contextual popups

2. New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel

in Windows 10 News
    New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel: Accessibility is about making our products accessible and inclusive to everyone, including the 1 billion+ people with disabilities around the world. It is a core Excel and Microsoft priority, and an area where we continuously strive to improve. For more information about...
  3. Floating windows cause misplaced contextual menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Floating windows cause misplaced contextual menus: I program with two screens. There is something unhappily mismatched about the sizing of my two screens, and it makes a mess in the following way: if any floating window is open, it pins the scaling of everything to the screen that the floating window is on. Contextual menus...
  4. Avalanche of default app resets upon login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Avalanche of default app resets upon login: Hello all, Since we have started to roll out windows 10 1909, upon login a user will get an Avalanche of default app resets. This can range for 5 - 20 Notifications in the bottom right corner of the screen one after another. Below is the list of resets that I was able to...
  5. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  6. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  7. Contextual click issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Contextual click issues: Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up. Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help. Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get...
  8. Upgraded from 7 to 10 and encoutered an avalanche of nightmares

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from 7 to 10 and encoutered an avalanche of nightmares: That is still going on. Every single day for the last four or five days has been a nightmare. A (not comprehensive) sample of my problems so far: - Show windows side by side no longer works - Creating an image copy after "remove properties and personal information" is no...
  9. Contextual sensing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Contextual sensing in Windows 10: In Windows 10, we are very excited to introduce several APIs for contextual sensing that can help you build apps to improve your customers’ daily lives. These include apps that detect presence when customers approach their devices, apps that can detect whether your customer...
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558