Windows 10: Avaliable and Total RAM is fluctuating and I don't know how to fix it.

Discus and support Avaliable and Total RAM is fluctuating and I don't know how to fix it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Online resources and other websites give different answers. This is my last resort. Lately the amount of RAM I have is fluctuating. When it was still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IcoNK, Jun 14, 2021.

1. IcoNK Win User

Avaliable and Total RAM is fluctuating and I don't know how to fix it.

Online resources and other websites give different answers. This is my last resort. Lately the amount of RAM I have is fluctuating. When it was still at 7.83 avaliable, my available RAM dropped between 3gb-4gb. I restarted it in hopes of fixing it now the total is around 6gb and avaliable is between 3gb and 4gb. If anyone who can help needs the system info just ask and I'll try to provide it. Thanks

:)

IcoNK, Jun 14, 2021

2. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 14, 2021
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jun 14, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Avaliable and Total RAM is fluctuating and I don't know how to fix it. - Similar Threads - Avaliable Total RAM

2. I have BSOD and don't know how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have BSOD and don't know how to fix: I was using my PC without any stress action just watching Youtube video on Chrome and Messenger app and my PC suddenly stopped with a half blue screen and I had to press power button to shutdown and restart. In Event viewer I got this messages:"The computer has rebooted from...
  3. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  4. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  5. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ram in use but I don't know why: my ram is in use but I don't know where https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-in-use-but-i-dont-know-why/01f7a4b1-227e-4cd0-bb0e-43f4a1d2e4c7
  7. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ram in use but I don't know why: my ram is in use but I don't know where https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-in-use-but-i-dont-know-why/01f7a4b1-227e-4cd0-bb0e-43f4a1d2e4c7
  8. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I don't know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix this: I tried raise FPS Valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-this/33c6c901-76ac-4b78-97a9-346f8b8179cd
  10. I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix it: So I put my desktop on D: and now everythings screwed up and I cannot fix it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-it/6ecc42f4-598d-444d-841e-735239c5e3c9