Windows 10: Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

Discus and support Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If your Firefox or Chrome browser has any of the below-listed four extensions offered by Avast and its subsidiary AVG installed, you should disable or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

:)

Brink, Dec 4, 2019
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Dec 4, 2019
  3. boysapnot Win User
    AVG or Avast

I trusted AVAST!!!

*Nutkick :nutkick:Avast rules!!!
    AVG??Thats rediculous! Get rid of AVG!!
    I trusted AVAST!!!

boysapnot, Dec 4, 2019
  4. OneMoar Win User

OneMoar, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users - Similar Threads - Avast AVG Browser

2. do i need to install avast Chrome extension?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    do i need to install avast Chrome extension?: please i would like to know why i need to install avast Chrome extension? [media] 176426
  3. Chrome and Firefox are better browsers 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome and Firefox are better browsers 100%: how to uninstall Microsoft edge browser it's annoying and useless... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-and-firefox-are-better-browsers-100/798c07cf-57ae-4baa-b5ef-28b52037d065
  4. Adguard extension to Firefox browser is malware

Adguard extension to Firefox browser is malware: It interrupted internet connection after a period of time of use. On uninstall the problem was fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adguard-extension-to-firefox-browser-is-malware/44a52651-e2f9-46e5-af4d-427dfbe9fdc3
  5. Problems with AVG & Avast

Problems with AVG & Avast: I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones. So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and doesn't conflict with other programs. I have malwarebytes installed but I don't feel secure enough with just that. I used Avast...
  6. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  7. Is Avast Secure Browser better than Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Avast Secure Browser better than Chrome?: Can someone tell me if ASB is better than Chrome? I am considering uninstalling Chrome but is it worth it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-avast-secure-browser-better-than-chrome/69a22ed1-e2e6-4d20-a4f1-026ed5eb6b4a
  8. Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.

Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.: Hello , So i recently received a malwarebytes premium license for free and i decided to use the malwarebytes browser too , now my question is , which browser extension is better , malwarebytes or avast? i already had avast for chrome , but i think that malwarebytes might be...
  9. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  10. Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG: Security giant Avast has announced it intends to acquire fellow Czech-based antivirus software maker AVG for a purchase price of $25.00 per share in cash — resulting in a transaction that will total around $1.3 billion. Avast intends to finance the transaction using cash...