Windows 10: Avast detected a suspicious file but failed to delete it

Discus and support Avast detected a suspicious file but failed to delete it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, So yesterday when I turned my pc on an Avast pop-up showed up, saying that they detected 3 suspicious files that could be harmful to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ashemi, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ashemi Win User

Avast detected a suspicious file but failed to delete it

Hello,
    So yesterday when I turned my pc on an Avast pop-up showed up, saying that they detected 3 suspicious files that could be harmful to my computer, the 3 of them named "LocalBridge.exe" and describing them as rootkits.

Avast then proposed me to delete the files, but it failed to delete. So it told me to do a boot scan, and so did I. The problem is that the boot scan detected nothing, so I don't know if it was a false positive or if the virus somehow hide. Avast didn't say anything about that again.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm kind of worried, so any help would be appreciated.

:)

ashemi, Sep 23, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

avast! 6.0 antivirus released!

i've tried several antivirus packages and hated most of them .. either they slowed down my system, had tons of notifications or didnt detect the viruses. after switching to avast free i never looked back. i also suggested it to my less computer savvy family and friends because when a virus is detected it will just block it and show a warning without user interaction required.

looking forward to the virtualization feature, i've been dropping suspicious stuff into vmware virtual machines for a long time, but this seems nice, if it runs on-demand

W1zzard, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Malwarebytes Detects 'prefs.js' as a Virus - Help!

The email indicates that you have an FVD Media Inc extension installed. The email belongs to the developer.

Bing can be removed - it's not suspicious.

Type aboutAvast detected a suspicious file but failed to delete it :preferences#search in the address bar. Make sure that bing is non-default then in the search engine list highlight bing and remove.

Avast detected a suspicious file but failed to delete it [​IMG]

I would still suggest clean installing firefox and that means removing leftovers after uninstall.

Callender, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Avast detected a suspicious file but failed to delete it - Similar Threads - Avast detected suspicious

2. Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder: As the title suggests, I have found a file in Chinese, as shown in the image below, using TreeSize.Because I want to clean up my SSD drive, I have tried the following methods:Shift + DelDelete in Safe ModeDelete using CMDDelete using FileAssassin => However, all of them...
  3. Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder: As the title suggests, I have found a file in Chinese, as shown in the image below, using TreeSize.Because I want to clean up my SSD drive, I have tried the following methods:Shift + DelDelete in Safe ModeDelete using CMDDelete using FileAssassin => However, all of them...
  4. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious file: I have discovered a file name "AmonKorneFBF.exe" located in my Program Files x86\AmonKorneFBF. When I try to delete the folder, it says the file is open in another program. I tried to end task in task manager, but it keeps appearing right after I click end task. The file name...
  5. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious file: I have discovered a file name "AmonKorneFBF.exe" located in my Program Files x86\AmonKorneFBF. When I try to delete the folder, it says the file is open in another program. I tried to end task in task manager, but it keeps appearing right after I click end task. The file name...
  6. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Suspicious app detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious app detected: Roughly a month ago I was attacked by virus and had to reset my Windows. Now google is saying malicious app detected and logged me out of my desktop. What should I do?...
  8. Is it safe to delete these left-over Avast files/folders?

Is it safe to delete these left-over Avast files/folders?: A couple of months ago, I stopped using Avast Security as it seemed to have interfered with several computer/software functions. And, now rely on Defender, Spywareblaster and Malwarebytes. I thought that I had completely uninstalled Avast using its uninstaller (and/or free...
  9. suspicious file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suspicious file: .usr_app_ncr.dat this file is located in c:/ user/documents should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-file/5c672176-5745-499d-b6d7-9c7dc7e47516
  10. Suspicious "AVAST Upgrade utility" window?

Suspicious "AVAST Upgrade utility" window?: I have a window which opened itself at some point and I think it's suspicious. I honestly don't remember whether I installed AVAST antivirus (I know for sure I have Malwarebytes installed) but when I go to my installed programs and type 'avast' in the search bar, nothing...