Windows 10: Avast detecting "Defender.exe" everytime I load my computer

Discus and support Avast detecting "Defender.exe" everytime I load my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I turn on my computer, Avast notifies that they've detected "Defender.exe" and asked to move it to the virus chest, which I allow it to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheNewVice, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Avast detecting "Defender.exe" everytime I load my computer

Everytime I turn on my computer, Avast notifies that they've detected "Defender.exe" and asked to move it to the virus chest, which I allow it to do every time. I then run scans to see if there is more malware, but there isn't. This happens everytime I load my computer. Help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/TheNewVice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheNewVice, Apr 10, 2021
  2. AFWS Win User

Windows Defender detects an .exe as Win32/Bitrep.A Trojan?

OK, I had this software(earlier version) on another computer and never had it detected as a Trojan. I tried installing the latest version of this software on my new computer and it got detected as "Win32/Bitrep.A" Trojan after about a week of being installed
    and Windows Defender deleted it. I tried re-downloading and then scanned the installation exe with Windows Defender and it detected it as the same Trojan. I then tried re-downloading again and Windows Defender deleted it as soon as it finished downloading.
    The earlier version installation exe wasn't detected as a Trojan. I also tried a update exe to the software that wasn't the same version and nothing was detected. It seems to be with this certain version of the software or the update to this version. The developer
    recommended installing the free version of Avast. Once installed, I scanned the installation exe with Avast and nothing was detected. Is there a Trojan with the software? According to Windows Defender there is. According to Avast there isn't.

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

3. Protecting the computer (windows defender,avast, etc)?

Agreed with Firefox w/ Adblock Plus and NoScript. I suggest Antivir. Very trustworthy Antivirus and is less resource hogging the avast. Takes up about 40mb with guard enabled and 30mb with guard disabled.

spearman914, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Avast detecting "Defender.exe" everytime I load my computer

Jsssssssss, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Avast detecting "Defender.exe" everytime I load my computer

1. Avast detecting "Defender.exe" everytime I load my computer - Similar Threads - Avast detecting Defender

2. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  3. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  4. Avast/Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast/Windows Defender: Good afternoon and Happy New Year! I have gotten tired of Avast Antivirus and uninstalled it so I can go to Windows Defender. Guess Avast did not give me a clean uninstall through my Control Panel and left something on my laptop. Windows Security/Defender now show I have...
  5. Avast has taken over my defender

Avast has taken over my defender: 'Your PC isn't being monitored because the app's service stopped. You should restart it now'. This is what I get any time I open my windows defender ever since Avast Antivirus was installed on my laptop. The Avast Antivirus seems to be the default Antivirus for my laptop...
  6. Defender vs Avast

Defender vs Avast: New PC on the way. Is Win Defender capable enough so that I won't have to use a free AV like AVAST? 157873
  7. Avast security loaded in my PC, but I didn't do it.

Avast security loaded in my PC, but I didn't do it.: While looking at Task Manager and then Program Files I came across elements of Avast security. These include: AvastNM.exe, Avast NM.json, AvastSvc.exe, AvastUI.exe, AvEmUpdate.exe, AvLaunch.exe. I tried to delete one and could not. Are these components on some other...
  8. Windows Defender or Avast Free

Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  9. Avast vs Defender?

Avast vs Defender?: For a very long time (over 8 years) I have used Avast Anti-Virus as my main protection on the computer. Defender in Windows 7 was just not mature yet. I will admit that I know little about how good or bad Defender has become, but since I have been having real issues with my...
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...