Windows 10: Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Avast Online Security extension is available in the Microsoft Store for almost two months now but it was officially announced in a blog post yesterday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge

Avast Online Security extension is available in the Microsoft Store for almost two months now but it was officially announced in a blog post yesterday.

In release notes of Avast Antivirus version 18.6.2349, the antivirus and security firm announced that the new extension called “Avast Online Security” is now available for Microsoft Edge.

The company writes that the new Edge extension has replaced the old Internet extension and you can download it from Microsoft Store.

Avast Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge is supposed to identify and block phishing sites that may try to steal your data. You can also see the ratings of the websites which is based on reviews from Avast community which has close to 400 million users.

Avast Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge comes with the following features:

• See how website has been rated by a growing community of 400 million Avast users.
    • Easily check the rating of any website just by hovering over the link.
    • Warns you when you’re visiting websites with bad reputations.
    • Rate a website effortlessly, marking them with a thumbs up or a thumbs down, to help other users know where to avoid.
    • Blocks annoying tracking cookies that collect data on your browsing activities

If you’re interested, you can download the extension from the Microsoft Store.

The post Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 22, 2018

2. Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live ahead of official release

Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-of...ahead-release/

Update: Microsoft has pulled the page but you can still view the cached version here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160314...ge/extensions/

Cluster Head, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Extensions in Microsoft Edge

I too add my name to the list of people who find Edge useless without extensions.
    Huge step backward folks.

BucketHead99, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Norton add-on/extension for Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Edge is set to become even better with support for extensions. Only few are available right now as this the initial release, Extensions for other programs could be launched in upcoming days. I would suggest you keep a track on
    this by referring to the below link to check for updates on extensions on Norton/
    Symantec.

Preview extensions for Microsoft Edge today.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/

Hope this information helpful.

Darshan J, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Avast officially launches

2. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  3. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  4. Warning by avast Extension for this site.

in Browsers and Email
    Warning by avast Extension for this site.: Today I noticed I was getting a warning about this site. Just thought i would mention it. The extention is Avast online security, for chrome, firefox edge etc 150141
  5. Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.: Hello , So i recently received a malwarebytes premium license for free and i decided to use the malwarebytes browser too , now my question is , which browser extension is better , malwarebytes or avast? i already had avast for chrome , but i think that malwarebytes might be...
  6. Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge: Microsoft Edge received support for extensions with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and ever since then, the developers have published new extensions for the browser. Microsoft Edge still has fewer extensions than Google Chrome but the software giant last year said that...
  7. Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release: Now, via MSPoweruser, we have the first real hint at what Edge extensions might look like in their initial preview mode, thanks to a dedicated page on Microsoft’s developer site. So far, it’s looking like we’ll have three extensions to try out when they’re enabled in the next...
  8. Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....: Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for Fast Ring Testers [img] [img] It looks like Microsoft has added another browser extension in the Windows Store for their Microsoft Edge web browser. The Office Online browser extension for...
  9. Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....: Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live ahead of official release [img] Microsoft is expected to release Extensions for Edge to Insiders sometime soon. The company has been planning to bring this feature to users for a while now, and it’s...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...