Windows 10: Avast recommends updating 15 drivers-should I?

Discus and support Avast recommends updating 15 drivers-should I? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Avast Driver Updater has informed me that the computer has 15 outdated drivers. Some of the drivers are at least 3 years old. Should I just go ahead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flycaster, May 29, 2019.

1. flycaster Win User

Avast recommends updating 15 drivers-should I?

Avast Driver Updater has informed me that the computer has 15 outdated drivers. Some of the drivers are at least 3 years old. Should I just go ahead and have Avast install updated drivers, or just leave things as they are?

:)

flycaster, May 29, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, May 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 29, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Avast recommends updating 15 drivers-should I? - Similar Threads - Avast recommends updating

2. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  3. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  4. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  5. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  6. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Should i update my drivers???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i update my drivers???: Should I update my drivers? I have updates in the optional updates saying there are updates for drivers sooo should I update it or keep it like that only. it says:-"if you have a specific problem one of these drivers might help. otherwise automatic updates will keep your...
  8. Should I delete Avast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I delete Avast?: I have Avast Antivirus on my PC. Lately, when I got a VR system, Avast has been annoying me. Every time I try to install Rec Room for my VR, Avast blocks and deletes it. I figure a free antivirus software can’t give much protection in the first place, so I considered deleting...
  9. Want to let Avast update drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to let Avast update drivers: I want to have Avast update my drivers but can't get past Windows Defender. How can I fix this or make Avast excluded from being blocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-let-avast-update-drivers/6dd3c540-3105-4003-ad4c-5875ecdaedc2"
  10. Should I update driver or not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update driver or not?: In Device Manager under Network Adapter I have the Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller. The date of the driver is 9/4/2015 so it is quite an old driver but it states that "this device is working properly" and I'm having absolutely no issues or problems with it at all. Its a...