Windows 10: Avast Secureline VPN

Discus and support Avast Secureline VPN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to learn more about the usage of Avast Secureline VPN before activation? It appears accessible on my Task bar although it is not turned on.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarquezUrusquieta, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Avast Secureline VPN

I want to learn more about the usage of Avast Secureline VPN before activation? It appears accessible on my Task bar although it is not turned on. Thanks.

:)

MarquezUrusquieta, Apr 7, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Avast SecureLine

Hi Colin, Secureline comes as part of Avast Anti-virus:

Avast Securline is what it known as a VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Basically a VPN extends a virtual private network across the Internet

Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network

As for, do you need it, well if you stick to mainstream websites, then no, if you use websites like torrenting websites and such, then yes you probably should run a VPN, but there are lots of free VPN's available and SecureLine, is not free . . .

DaveM121, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Avast SecureLine

Avast Securline as said by Dave is a trial for VPN. If you feel you do not need VPN, disable it:

https://support.avast.com/en-in/article/Uninsta...

If I were in your position, I would have removed Avast too as a punishment for installing this crapware and use built in Windows Defender.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 7, 2020
  4. SandraD71 Win User

Avast Secureline VPN

Please help!! How can I uninstall Avast SecureLine VPN??

About 6 months ago I noticed that my computer was slow and frequently freezing up. I noticed that the Avast SecureLine updater was active in task manager and seemed to be causing the program. I never intentionally downloaded any Avast software and I have
    no need of a VPN so I ran the uninstaller using control panel>programs>uninstall. The problem seemed to go away for awhile, but now and again I would notice the computer running slowly and freezing and, sure enough, there was the SecureLine updater in task
    manager. I would delete it and the problem would go away, though the computer seemed markedly slower when compared to how it ran prior to the first time I noticed Avast. A couple of days ago it happened again, but this time my computer is almost unusable
    and the problem isn't abating when I try to delete the updater in task manager.

I tried to uninstall again but Avast is no longer listed in programs so I can't. There is a full Avast>Secureline folder in program files though so I tried downloading the avastclear.exe from their website and running it in safe mode but it didn't remove
    the Avast folder from program files (I'm not sure if SecureLine is one of the programs it removes?). I am at a loss - can anyone tell me how to get this program off my computer??

SandraD71, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Avast Secureline VPN

1. Avast Secureline VPN - Similar Threads - Avast Secureline VPN

2. Avast Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast Software: Turned on my computer last week where I found Avast software installed without my knowledge. What is it and should I uninstall it? Thanks. Cheers, Ted Kramer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-software/287bdeb7-268b-47e1-9b28-b4b7d616eb41
  3. Avast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast: I keep getting pop ups on my computer from Avast Secure Line VPN. Don't know who they are or how they keep popping up. Like to know who the heck they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast/3d1def0b-e611-429c-a3e5-9645c64cde45
  4. AVAST!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AVAST!: so suddenly avast antivirus installed in my pc, im just annoyed and try to uninstall it with different ways and still didnt work, so my last effort is activating administrator mode and log in to administrator mode, when im in admin mode i still cant delete the folder and it...
  5. Avast removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast removal: Hi Folks I have a Dell laptop here from which I'm struggling to remove Avast Free. I downloaded and ran the Avast Removal tool which tells me I've succesfully removed Avast. However, if I do a search I find numerous Avast files still on the C: - 36 files in the...
  6. Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC: Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office 365 and the second is Avast SecureLine which is required for my VPN to run. Windows actually sets both of these as disabled....
  7. Avast

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Avast: Hello, Dear Sir, please be nice if you can help me with the activation of Avast Antivirus. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast/c3225749-4e8a-4415-8200-ae12661a903c"
  8. AVAST VPN

AVAST VPN: Olá! Tenho windows 7 Ultimate.Minha rede é doméstica e particular. Conexão de Rede - Acesso a Internet. Network Connection;No ícone do computadorzinho. Acontece that depois that instalei o Secure Line VPN da Avast, pois é o meu antivírus (O Premier) (todos são pagos)...
  9. Avast

Avast: ola, nao consigo abrir o avast antvirus no meu computador window XP, o que posso fazer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_xp/avast/6faa07e1-58a3-46d2-b9ff-6ffe87543fd8
  10. Issue with Avast

Issue with Avast: Hi Was wondering if I could get an opinion on the Avast free security, I've been using for some time but the constant reminder of your PC is being slowed by certain things like 2 GB's of junk files and a few other things, is this a major concern. thanks very much and sorry...