Windows 10: ave been prevented from restoring or resetting my operating system. Any suggestions?

Discus and support ave been prevented from restoring or resetting my operating system. Any suggestions? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had my laptop hacked and can't get rid of them. There is a hidden network, and many settings have been changed. I was hoping to reset Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeckyHNH, Sep 12, 2018.

1. BeckyHNH Win User

ave been prevented from restoring or resetting my operating system. Any suggestions?

I have had my laptop hacked and can't get rid of them. There is a hidden network, and many settings have been changed. I was hoping to reset Windows to default but am not seeing the option in Settings. I am also unable to restore, and don't think my account is set up to act as Admin although it says I am.

:)

BeckyHNH, Sep 12, 2018

2. The RAGE Megathread

I suggested disabling system restore to prevent any io operations while you gaming. You would re-enable it if the results are the same.

EastCoasthandle, Sep 12, 2018
  3. chris89 Win User
    Suggestions for memory on an AM3 based system

Hello.

I am wondering what suggestions people would suggest for a AM3 based system.

I will be getting the MSI 790FX GD-70 Motherboard and the Phenom II 955 Processor, and keeping/ reusing rest off the my system as it appears on the list on the left.

I am looking to spend a Maximiun off around £145 on ram. And will be using a 64BIT operating system.

The time i will be buying it will most likely be in Decemeber before my Goverment (UK) Raise's VAT back up to at least 17.5%.

Thank you in advance.

Christopher.

chris89, Sep 12, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

ave been prevented from restoring or resetting my operating system. Any suggestions?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. ave been prevented from restoring or resetting my operating system. Any suggestions? - Similar Threads - ave been prevented

2. OneDrive prevents System Restore from working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive prevents System Restore from working properly: I recently had to do a system restore.However despite selecting different restore points, the system restore failed to successfully restore the system and the error message was specifically related to OneDrive. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screen shot. I have 2 OneDrives...
  3. OneDrive prevents System Restore from working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive prevents System Restore from working properly: I recently had to do a system restore.However despite selecting different restore points, the system restore failed to successfully restore the system and the error message was specifically related to OneDrive. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screen shot. I have 2 OneDrives...
  4. OneDrive prevents System Restore from working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fact with operating system reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fact with operating system reset: I have some missing registry keys? I believe and want to erase my computer and settings and fix the registry and just restart my computer. Should I do a factory reset, clean install, or restore point? And I'm not sure but I don't believe I have a restore point? Sorry I don't...
  6. Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?: Dear all, I have a brand new Dell laptop G5-5590 with windows 10 Home. Recently I observed that restore point was disactivated and I decided to activate it I activated restore point only for OS drive. Next to that I set the maximum capacity of restore point at 3% ==>...
  7. Screen is bugging out. Any suggestions for solving/preventing it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen is bugging out. Any suggestions for solving/preventing it?: [IMG][IMG]Hey, I’m new to the business of getting my problems solved online, and I’m not that computer savvy: My computer’s been having the problem of bugging out like it does in the picture for about two weeks, but it only does it on the startup screen. Just recently, as in...
  8. Defender prevents system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Defender prevents system restore: Till recently I could use system restore without difficulty. Now I get an error message: System restore didnot complete successfully. System restore could not access a file, probably due to an antivirus programme. (Name of file is not mentioned} I only use Defender. When I...
  9. Can't Restore from any of my System Images

Can't Restore from any of my System Images: I have seen many similar problems on the forum but none are exactly the same so I hope I am best posting afresh. I have just done a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64bit and I made three system images and a restore disk as I progressed though my installation. I now find I...
  10. suggestions for newer operating system

in Windows 10 Support
    suggestions for newer operating system: The new windows 9 is awesome but as same as windows 8 only with some more changes and i want to inform that apple launched ios 8.0, google launched android l (lollipop) and are getting ahead so I want to suggest that what if microsoft develops a new os which would have...