Windows 10: Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash.

Discus and support Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I need help... We still have a few thousand Elitebook 840G3 running Win10 1709. Which works ok. When we now started to upgrade those to Win10 1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doxxxie, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Doxxxie Win User

Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash.

Hi,
    I need help...
    We still have a few thousand Elitebook 840G3 running Win10 1709. Which works ok.
    When we now started to upgrade those to Win10 1809 we encounter intermittent issues with Acrobat Reader.
    What I have done so far:

- Upgraded all drivers to the latest version including BIOS.

- Installed same version of Defendpoint as we have on the working 1709 image.

- Removed Defendpoint completely **and that is the only thing that made it work**

We are using the same 1809 image on 840G5 without any issues.

So my conclusion is that its a combination of G3 + 1809 + Any version of Defendpoint.

But now Im running out of ideas, what should I test next?
    Dump file indicate issues with ntdll.dll and pghook.dll

:)

Doxxxie, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Doxxxie Win User

Hi,
    I need help...
    We still have a few thousand Elitebook 840G3 running Win10 1709. Which works ok.
    When we now started to upgrade those to Win10 1809 we encounter intermittent issues with Acrobat Reader.
    What I have done so far:

- Upgraded all drivers to the latest version including BIOS.

- Installed same version of Defendpoint as we have on the working 1709 image.

- Removed Defendpoint completely **and that is the only thing that made it work**

We are using the same 1809 image on 840G5 without any issues.

So my conclusion is that it’s a combination of G3 + 1809 + Any version of Defendpoint.

But now I’m running out of ideas, what should I test next?
    Dump file indicate issues with ntdll.dll and pghook.dll

Doxxxie, Jun 13, 2020
  3. msctf.dll Making Acrobat to Crash

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Is your computer connected to any domain network?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    4. What is the edition of Windows 10 that you have installed?
    5. Do you get any error message when Acrobat crashes?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Acrobat DC crashes intermittently
    on Windows and see if this helps.

For reference, you may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot errors and freezes in Windows
    and see if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash.

Windows 10 won't recognise Adobe Acrobat Reader on my laptop so I can't open PDFs - any suggestions?

Hi Sarah,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Adobe Acrobat Reader app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Adobe Acrobat Reader application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Adobe Acrobat Reader app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash. - Similar Threads - Avecto Defendpoint cause

2. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acrobat Reader DC: How do you make ... Acrobat Reader DC ... my default reader?It was before something changed the default.I do not know where it was changed or how to change it back.Thanks for any help with this....
  3. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acrobat Reader DC: How do you make ... Acrobat Reader DC ... my default reader?It was before something changed the default.I do not know where it was changed or how to change it back.Thanks for any help with this....
  4. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Acrobat Reader.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acrobat Reader.: Acrobat Reader is not working on my new Windows 11 laptop. I've installed and uninstalled the program at least 5 times and every time I want to open a PDF file, it hangs, then I have to restart the laptop to get out of it....
  6. Acrobat Reader.

Acrobat Reader.: Acrobat Reader is not working on my new Windows 11 laptop. I've installed and uninstalled the program at least 5 times and every time I want to open a PDF file, it hangs, then I have to restart the laptop to get out of it....
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader: I think the current update waiting on my system will deleteAdobe Acrobat Reader from my PC – subsequent to this how do I read my PDF’s ordownload future PDF’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/8e15ab35-23cd-4951-bdde-8351aa1b6ce5
  8. Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash.

in Windows 10 Support
    Avecto Defendpoint cause Acrobat Reader to crash.: Hi, I need help... We still have a few thousand Elitebook 840G3 running Win10 1709. Which works ok. When we now started to upgrade those to Win10 1809 we encounter intermittent issues with Acrobat Reader. What I have done so far: - Upgraded all drivers to the latest...
  9. Adobe Acrobat reader

Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  10. acrobat reader

acrobat reader: hi we renew our 365 service and now the documents scanned or snip tooled are no longer coming in a pdf form it's saying we don't have acrobat reader...