Windows 10: Avenues for controlling windows problem reporting? i cant enable

Discus and support Avenues for controlling windows problem reporting? i cant enable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So ive had a seemingly random(ish) error where explorer.exe will stop responding until i basically force a restart of it at some point (havent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 1, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Avenues for controlling windows problem reporting? i cant enable

So ive had a seemingly random(ish) error where explorer.exe will stop responding until i basically force a restart of it at some point (havent determined the catalyst) while right clicking my desktop.

In an attempt to narrow it down before resorting to disabling a plethora of shell extensions and waiting (since it sometimes only happens once a day or so, this will be a LONG process) I was going to see what kind of info windows error reporting had logged.

Unfortunately upon going to the maintenance page in control panel - Report Problems shows as Off. I could see myself doing this in an attempt to salvage even the most minuscule resources years ago when i was more of a hardcore gamer.

However I cant for the life of me figure out what this is tied to or how i did it.

I know i didnt disable it in group policy. I would have presumed the registry, but looking at the entries in the disable/enable error reporting tutorial here on the forums, that doesnt seem to be the case. I have no "disabled" string present.

Anybody have any ideas what other trees i can bark up to figure out how to enable this? Error reporting service also set to manual.

- - - Updated - - -

got it! (we totally need a means to delete posts!)

:)

klepp0906, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Need help diagnosing a problem

CPU PLL Voltage = 1.6160
    FSB Term Volt = 1.536V
    NB Volt = 1.648v
    Sb Volt = 1.104v
    SB 1.5 V = 1.552
    DRAM Controll Volt = 1.104
    Loadline Calibration : enabled
    DRAM Static Read Control: enabled

Those are some of the things I would change...Be sure to use incremental stepping on the voltage suggestion.

ZenZimZaliben, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Avenues for controlling windows problem reporting? i cant enable

Windows 10 Family reports not showing up

Hello,

Well, there are some additional steps which needs to be enabled once we are in Windows 10, that was the reason I had suggest to follow the steps from the link, but as you have mentioned that everything was setup correctly you may follow the steps and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.

• Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.

• Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from

familysafety.microsoft.com
    the next time you sign in.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Avenues for controlling windows problem reporting? i cant enable

1. Avenues for controlling windows problem reporting? i cant enable - Similar Threads - Avenues controlling problem

2. Windows Reporting Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reporting Problem: I turned on my PC about an hour ago and have been getting this Windows Problem Reporting process and I currently can’t Use my PC at all I’ve searched online to see if I can get some answers but I can’t seem to access and software to see what’s happening....
  3. I cant Enable This Option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant Enable This Option: I can't enable this option in Windows Defender app and. Files control. Column. There is this two option present. Showing. This setting is managed by administrator. I want to turn off this option because many apps and program cannot access the specified folder. Such As Saving...
  4. Windows problem reporting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows problem reporting: For the past 2 days my programs load in but crash a few seconds in so I ran the task manager and it shows windows problem reporting under the programs I try to open , how do I get my programs to work? I tried to disable the windows error reporting service under services but...
  5. Windows problem reports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows problem reports: Windows update have been broken for two months on my computer. How do I read this reports? I would hope Microsoft would learn something from these reports and send a better update [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows problem reporting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows problem reporting: Hi, I have a problem and that is my windows 10 is not running right. I found 2 windows reporting in task manager and when I try to search something on search bar, I cant type anything or it won't show up. And also when I open control panel to try a fix from YouTube the...
  7. i cant enable cortana

in Cortana
    i cant enable cortana: hi I have a problem with cortana I can't enable it because something is wrong, I don't even have options button in searching bar like others and I cant enable it... Is there a way to enable it with another metod, or change searching window to this with settings? pls help me...
  8. Windows Problem Reporting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Problem Reporting: Is there a way to disable Windows Problem Reporting (c:\windows\system32\wermgr.exe) for good? It has uploaded over 14GB of data in the last week, and I can't seem to be able to stop that from happening. I already tried doing that in the Settings menu, to no avail....
  9. Windows problem reporter.....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows problem reporter.....: ....according to task manager seems to be uploading alot of data, anyone know why or what its uploading? 64152
  10. Disable/Enable Problem Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable/Enable Problem Reporting: Where has this gone in the anniversary update? 63902