Windows 10: Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space

Discus and support Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to calculate the average bandwidth required for a device to successfully complete a Windows 10 Update. The calculation should factor in great... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yinyem, May 18, 2022.

1. Yinyem Win User

Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space

I want to calculate the average bandwidth required for a device to successfully complete a Windows 10 Update. The calculation should factor in great internet speed, enough disk space and RAM size

:)

Yinyem, May 18, 2022

2. Windows 10 uses high internet bandwidth

After installing windows 10, I see decrease in internet speed. I am aware that it uses lots of graphics. But still it is high. Any steps to reduce the bandwidth will be appreciated

JennyWilson4u, May 18, 2022
  3. tony359 Win User
    Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning

Hi everybody

The new Fall Creator update brings the much awaited update bandwidth management but I have a question and I could not find an answer online.
    The control panel allows you to set a percentage of the bandwidth - percentage of what? How does Windows know my internet speed? I am concerned it just uses the network card speed instead.

Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space [​IMG]

However in the activity monitor section it also shows an "average download speed (user initiated)" which suggests two things
    1. Windows actually knows the speed of the internet - which creates an interesting scenario: say my broadband is 50Mbit, Windows knows that and it is also told to use 50% of that. That night that my internet slows down to 20Mbit, will Windows try to use 25Mbit of it??

2. When updates are initiated by the user, they are not throttled down.

Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space [​IMG]

Thanks for your help.
    Tony

tony359, May 18, 2022
  4. Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space

1. Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space - Similar Threads - Average bandwidth Update

2. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  3. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  4. How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?: My PC right now is capping my download speeds at 4-5 mbps but nothing else in my house has this problem when I check speeds. My normal speeds are between 30-40 mbps and my phone and Xbox show this. But no matter what I've tried on my PC I can't get above 5mbps even through...
  5. How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?

How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?: My PC right now is capping my download speeds at 4-5 mbps but nothing else in my house has this problem when I check speeds. My normal speeds are between 30-40 mbps and my phone and Xbox show this. But no matter what I've tried on my PC I can't get above 5mbps even through...
  6. Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space: I want to calculate the average bandwidth required for a device to successfully complete a Windows 10 Update. The calculation should factor in great internet speed, enough disk space and RAM size...
  7. Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space

Average bandwidth for Windows 10 Update with great internet speed and disk space: I want to calculate the average bandwidth required for a device to successfully complete a Windows 10 Update. The calculation should factor in great internet speed, enough disk space and RAM size...
  8. Slow to non-existent download speeds with great internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow to non-existent download speeds with great internet.: As stated in title my speedtest download is 300mb+ but my game downloads are sub 20kb. I know I shouldn't expect the download speeds to be 1 to 1 but this is insane. As far as I've seen everything is updated....
  9. Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?: Just upgraded to a new laptop (Dell inspiron 7501, intel ax201 wireless card, OS build: 19042.867), and have been noticing significant throttling when downloading large files. E.g.: when I run speed test normally I see a download speed of ~80Mpbs. Just browsing the web or...
  10. Disk Usage 100% despite great free space.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage 100% despite great free space.: Hi. Since yesterday, My laptop suddenly started lagging a lot. I opened Task Manager and saw that the Disk Usage was at 100%! The only things causing it to rise are the essential Windows Programs. This causes so much lag though, that if I try to run more than 1 application at...