Windows 10: Average time before automatic restart?

Discus and support Average time before automatic restart? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I have three PCs set up the same way. Updates are automatically downloaded and installed, and I have the notification on to let me know a restart is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bobby Phoenix, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Average time before automatic restart?

So I have three PCs set up the same way. Updates are automatically downloaded and installed, and I have the notification on to let me know a restart is needed. It also says I can restart now, or it will automatically restart outside of active hours. My question is does anyone know the average/max time (days I guess) that it takes for the PC to restart? I mean active hours are set to 8AM-5PM, so I would think it would restart the same day during the night sometime, but I get antsy, and just restart them myself like three days later since they didn't auto restart. All three always stay on, and all programs are closed when done for the day, so it's not like they are off outside active hours, or have open programs holding up the restart. I really don't want to wait like a week for them to auto restart, but I don't want to rely on myself to always manually restart.

PS - I also don't want the option on that will restart as soon as possible since it gives a ten minute warning, and then restarts, and I usually have things open that need to be taken care of before restarting, and if I'm say, in the bathroom when the ten minute warning comes on, I don't want to lose things by mistake.

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Oct 22, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Update doesn't automatically restart the computer at requested time

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.
    From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with automatic reboot in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Average time before automatic restart?

Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Average time before automatic restart?

1. Average time before automatic restart? - Similar Threads - Average before automatic

2. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  3. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  4. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My pc restarted several times automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc restarted several times automatically: My pc restarted several times automatically i ahve attached mini dump file..Mini dmp:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXhuwcNrEJ6Bt4Hym-XaCJq0PZ_WNYCH/view?usp=sharing...
  6. My pc restarted several times automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc restarted several times automatically: My pc restarted several times automatically i ahve attached mini dump file..Mini dmp:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXhuwcNrEJ6Bt4Hym-XaCJq0PZ_WNYCH/view?usp=sharing...
  7. My pc restarted several times automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Time zone Automatically changes when restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone Automatically changes when restarted: Every time I restart the machine the time zone will changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-automatically-changes-when-restarted/0de0c253-1cc0-4715-94b9-b527264c3c33
  9. Average time of booting windows 10 on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Average time of booting windows 10 on hard drive.: I wanted to know what is the average boot up and ready to use time of windows 10 via Hard drive. My windows 10 laptop takes 3.5 minutes to ready to use. Is it okay or something wrong with my device. I think it's taking too much. Fast boot is turned off. Hibernate is also off....
  10. average formula will not average

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    average formula will not average: =IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(C3:G3="","",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("<",C3:G3)),SUBSTITUTE(C3:G3,"<","")/2,C3:G3))),"") Hello, Trying to use this formula to average three numbers in a row . However at end of row where I have average formula, I dont get an answer? When I click on...