Windows 10: AVG and Windows S-mode

Discus and support AVG and Windows S-mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an already-paid-for AVG plan for multiple devices. My two new HP laptops are in S-Mode, which I understand must be disabled in order to run AVG.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alentown, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Alentown Win User

AVG and Windows S-mode

I have an already-paid-for AVG plan for multiple devices. My two new HP laptops are in S-Mode, which I understand must be disabled in order to run AVG. I understand the DEFENDER is all I need for virus protection, but AVG also provides a 'tune-up' program. Can that not be used in S-Mode, too?

Also, is there really a fall-off in quality response on the computer if S-mode is disabled and I run in conventional Windows 10?

:)

Alentown, Mar 22, 2021

2. AVG Zen and Error message 0xc0000005

Uninstalling the AVG management console (formerly known as AVG Zen)

Uninstalling the AVG management console (previously known as AVG Zen) | AVG

Uninstall the AVG management console

NOTE: Before uninstalling the AVG management console, you must first uninstall all AVG Products linked to your AVG management console by following steps in the section above.

Troubleshooting

1. If you experience issues uninstalling the AVG management console from your PC, try using
      AVG Clear or AVG Remover by following steps in the article below:
    2. If you are still unable to uninstall the AVG management console after following all steps in this article, contact

AVG Support

Bill Smithers, Mar 22, 2021
  3. AVG and Windows S-mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

AVG and Windows S-mode

1. AVG and Windows S-mode - Similar Threads - AVG mode

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...: My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive I have plugged in to the E drive USB slot and the PC signals a sound that something has been plugged in. However, neither the file explorer nor disk management show any sign that something is in the E drive. Help?...
  5. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...: My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive I have plugged in to the E drive USB slot and the PC signals a sound that something has been plugged in. However, neither the file explorer nor disk management show any sign that something is in the E drive. Help?...
  6. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?: why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-windows-11-allow-me-to-download-my-avg/4978d7b3-aaf3-4cc3-9634-7062def99779
  8. why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?

why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?: why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-windows-11-allow-me-to-download-my-avg/4978d7b3-aaf3-4cc3-9634-7062def99779
  9. Uninstal AVG, get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstal AVG, get out of safe mode: I'm sure that the expression to boot a computer comes from the desire to boot one through the window. This is quite a saga.It started when I decided to put Norton on my ancient Windows 7 desk top. I mainly use it to copy vinyl records and listen to music while I work on...
  10. Uninstal AVG, get out of safe mode

Uninstal AVG, get out of safe mode: I'm sure that the expression to boot a computer comes from the desire to boot one through the window. This is quite a saga.It started when I decided to put Norton on my ancient Windows 7 desk top. I mainly use it to copy vinyl records and listen to music while I work on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to install avg in windows 11 should I take it out of S mode?