Windows 10: AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

Discus and support AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've just acquired a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro which among other apps, has the Microsoft store app. But after downloading and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kuhansandarasasagaran, Oct 22, 2020.

1. AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

Hi, I've just acquired a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro which among other apps, has the Microsoft store app. But after downloading and installing the AVG internet security, the Microsoft Store app can't launch and keep on loading. I'm not sure if any other apps or programs of Windows 10 affected as well. Then, I tried uninstalling AVG internet security, after uninstall and restart PC, then the microsoft app is launching fine. Much appreciate some advice! Thanks.

:)

kuhansandarasasagaran, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 22, 2020
  3. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 22, 2020
  4. AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

1. AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching. - Similar Threads - AVG antivirus program

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. non app program is blocked by microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    non app program is blocked by microsoft store: why is it so dificult to install Malware Byte for a 14 day trial. I know they are probably competitors to microsoft . Able to download the program but I am unable to get past the microsoft store notice which flags it as a non microsoft store app. Then there is no more support...
  4. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  5. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  6. Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus: I have later AVG virus software working ok but I cant find a way of deleting the previous 2015 version and it is apparently blocking my internet access, according to windows 10 diagnosis. How can I cure this problem please?...
  7. Microsoft Store app not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app not launching: can you help ***Original title: I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-not-launching/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  8. Unable to remove AVG Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove AVG Antivirus: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I think avg is a terrible virus itself. It is in my computer and I can’t get it out. Can some help get rid of that * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I...
  9. Cast to blocked by AVG

Cast to blocked by AVG: Hi All, I use my laptop to cast music to my TV device via wifi. This allows me to listen to music whilst working on my laptop. However, Since upgrading from 8.1 to windows 10, this function became unavailable. Having spent weeks googling possible problems, contacting...
  10. Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus

Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus: Hello Forum, I would like to share with you about AVG antivirus which is installed on my pc. When I turn on my pc, first thing is to update the virus definitions in avg, make some scan, then start doing whatever. Last week while reading something in the internet, suddenly...