Windows 10: AVG antivirus

Discus and support AVG antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by irisgrower, Sep 5, 2019.

1. AVG antivirus

How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender?

:)

irisgrower, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Wynona Win User

AVG Protection (Antivirus) Performance Fixer

I don't use AVG and haven't in a very long time. I also almost immediately dump anything in my email such as what you've posted. If I haven't subscribed (and I don't subscribe to any AV stuff) or if the sender isn't in my list of contacts, it gets deleted as junk.

Wynona, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

AVG antivirus

1. AVG antivirus - Similar Threads - AVG antivirus

2. Why am I not able to load AVG antivirus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not able to load AVG antivirus.: Why am I not able to load AVG antivirus yet it will let me load McAfee? I keep getting a McAfee popup that says I have 5 viruses yet when I check the security everything is fine....
  3. Why am I not able to load AVG antivirus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not able to load AVG antivirus.: Why am I not able to load AVG antivirus yet it will let me load McAfee? I keep getting a McAfee popup that says I have 5 viruses yet when I check the security everything is fine....
  4. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  5. AVG Antivirus aborting a connection to a site I didn't click

AVG Antivirus aborting a connection to a site I didn't click: I was on my google activity history page and I was trying to look through my old history. I typed in "Paypal" in my google activity history and it says it aborted connection to easyrobuxcom site or whatever but I didn't even go on that site. I scrolled down and sure enough in...
  6. AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.

AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.: My Windows 10 Services have three AVG Services I'm denied access to. Windows Defender has no service. I cannot disable AVG Antivirus from loading at startup. I cannot disable it in Windows Settings. I cannot change most file permissions. Third-party uninstallers detect...
  7. File Explorer Folder and AVG AntiVirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Folder and AVG AntiVirus: I have a brand new computer - Just loaded the free version of AVG and now My File Explorer Folder will not let me create a new folder. How do I fix this?...
  8. AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.: Hi, I've just acquired a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro which among other apps, has the Microsoft store app. But after downloading and installing the AVG internet security, the Microsoft Store app can't launch and keep on loading. I'm not sure if any other apps or...
  9. Microsoft_AutoUpdate_4.19.20011301_Updater.pkg Reported by AVG Antivirus as a PUP

Microsoft_AutoUpdate_4.19.20011301_Updater.pkg Reported by AVG Antivirus as a PUP: I use the free version of AVG on a Macbook Pro early 2015, running macOS Mojave. I run Microsoft Office version 16.16.15. After support for Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac ended on October 13, 2020, when running an AVG Antivirus Deep Scan,...
  10. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...