Windows 10: AVG crashed and now I can't install it again!! Help!

Discus and support AVG crashed and now I can't install it again!! Help! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there! I have a problem with the AVG Free antivirus software. I installed it some months ago and it was working correctly, but I did something in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MonicaF, Jun 10, 2016.

1. MonicaF Win User

AVG crashed and now I can't install it again!! Help!

Hi there!

I have a problem with the AVG Free antivirus software. I installed it some months ago and it was working correctly, but I did something in the start menu (I don't remember very well what I did but I think Windows was saying that there were some apps that were launched when the system started and that it was more secure if a disabled them, so I did it.... and since there, the AVG stopped working. After that, I tried to uninstall it but the system didn't let me do it and I had to download a tool to do it. After that, I tried to install again the antivirus but now it has been impossible to do it because when the installation is almost done, the software sends me a message that shows the error "OxC0070643 Event exec_finished". So, what can I do?

I will appreciate your help!

Best,

Mónica

PS. My lap's OS is Windows 10.

:)

MonicaF, Jun 10, 2016
  2. king5055 Win User

[PROBLEM FOUND | FIX FOUND] When installing new programs windows says program is already being installed when nothing is being installed

Yes I found the problem just yesterday

1. If you have AVG then contact AVG support and ask for the AVG remover tool (don't worry we will reinstall it again in a bit)

2. Now restart you pc

3. Re install AVG and now restart your pc again

4. AVG should be updated

5. Now go find the application(s) you want to install and install them

(if you still have problems list me the applications you are having problems with and I will have a look)

king5055, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Unable to generate Win10 ISO file

Dave

Thanks again for your (option 2) suggestion. I now have printers and Adobe Media Encoder has just installed and opened. Looks like I might be back up and running. Given that I think it was AVG that caused the issue in the first place (at least everything
    went down hill on, and subsequently after, the day that the AVG update facility crashed) I think I will look for another AV software solutionAVG crashed and now I can't install it again!! Help! :)

Peter

Peter Mayes, Jun 10, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi MonicaF,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

How did you disable these apps at startup?
    What tool did you use to uninstall AVG?

5. RolandJS Win User
    There might be a solution involving Replendence's Registrar Registry Manager and/or RegEdit, and the thread starter is probably not going to like the steps involved, which include having backups of OS and data partitions [just for OS and data insurance - probably will not need to do a restore during this process], and internal precise drilling/removing. I've done these steps involving AVG, Comodo, and even Avast.

RolandJS, Jun 11, 2016
  6. Download AVG Remover from this page:
    AVG | Download tools and utilities

Run the util and restart your machine

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AVG crashed and now I can't install it again!! Help! - Similar Threads - AVG crashed can't

2. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  3. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  4. un-installing AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. help i got BSOD again, now IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help i got BSOD again, now IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Crash ListCreated by using BlueScreenViewDump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4Caused By DriverCaused By AddressFile DescriptionProduct NameCompanyFile VersionProcessorCrash AddressStack Address 1Stack Address 2Stack...
  6. help i got BSOD again, now IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help i got BSOD again, now IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Crash ListCreated by using BlueScreenViewDump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4Caused By DriverCaused By AddressFile DescriptionProduct NameCompanyFile VersionProcessorCrash AddressStack Address 1Stack Address 2Stack...
  7. Can't instal Minecraft again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't instal Minecraft again: Good afternoon,I uninstaled minecraft last night because it won't load anymore. You would see the Mojang logo and after that it will get stuck on the loading screen loading screen before it will take you into the main menu. So i've uninstalled the game and went to try and...
  8. Windows Installer crashed and now I cant install again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer crashed and now I cant install again: I bought a new hard drive and installed windows 10 again. It was going smooth until my hard drive started clicking and computer crashed with a fatal error. I tried to reinstall again but all partition was lost and i was back to unallocated space and an error when i click it...
  9. help remove avg antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help remove avg antivirus: I am trying to update latest windows update but am told to remove avg antivirus . cant find this anywhere in programs or files. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-remove-avg-antivirus/14555811-bdb7-480e-b3c3-7a3026d5d305
  10. AVG Installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Installation: I needed to uninstall my AVG as it was not stable. Can you tell me how to reinstate, When I uninstalled my AVG I selected reinstall after finishing I tried & my laptop would not return AVG I am now asking if you can help please * Moved from Windows Essentials...