Windows 10: AVG file can't delete, has Privileges I can't controll

Discus and support AVG file can't delete, has Privileges I can't controll in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] Anyone got an idea why this file would have elevated privileges that prevent me from Deleting or even shredding w/Axcrypt? 85434 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zippy2222, May 26, 2017.

1. Zippy2222 Win User

AVG file can't delete, has Privileges I can't controll

AVG file can't delete, has Privileges I can't controll [​IMG]

Anyone got an idea why this file would have elevated privileges that prevent me from Deleting or even shredding w/Axcrypt?

:)

Zippy2222, May 26, 2017

2. Unable to delete folder due to administrative permission

I added a folder to my desktop with pictures in the folder. When I tried to delete the folder from my desktop, I was informed that I didn't have privileges to do so. I have full control over administrator as well as the name of my computer, which is
    also listed as in full control. The only difference is that the error shows privileges with the name of my computer but then says that I don't have\Drmil after the name of my computer. That is my user name under windows. I don't know why I can't delete
    the account with full control. Thanks, Millie

MillieLawrence, May 26, 2017
  3. rpgnutt Win User
    PC no longer sleeps or activates screen saver after Windows 10 upgrade

I've been going through the list trying one possible fix after another. Then I got to this one. I can't change the permissions on that specific file. Even admin does not have full permission. Only TrustedInstaller has full control. So I can't delete
    this file.

rpgnutt, May 26, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

The why- I have no idea, except that AVG being an AV company, probably put the elevation there to protect it.

The possible how(to delete)- It could have a service running in the background, even after uninstalling it. Open Regedit and search(use Find) for PC TuneUp and delete all it's keys(use the F3 key to keep finding the next).

When needed right click the major key(as opposed to the sub key), and select permissions, your account then close and delete the key:

Then go back an delete your folders.
    I had to do this to get rid of some MSI bloatware once.

Cliff S, May 26, 2017
Thema:

1. AVG file can't delete, has Privileges I can't controll - Similar Threads - AVG file can't

2. I can't delete this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete this file: When I right click the file, the explorer crashed. How do I delete this file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-this-file/0e35d043-b66d-4244-9428-6be7b2fad9da
  3. I can't delete this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete this file: When I right click the file, the explorer crashed. How do I delete this file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-this-file/0e35d043-b66d-4244-9428-6be7b2fad9da
  4. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a file: when i try to open/delete an older text document it shows this: it won't show that error when i create a new text document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-file/64b1f566-eb21-4145-a5a8-d5f33cfd1db9
  5. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a file: when i try to open/delete an older text document it shows this: it won't show that error when i create a new text document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-file/64b1f566-eb21-4145-a5a8-d5f33cfd1db9
  6. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't delete a file

I can't delete a file: Earlier today I renamed an excel file. I find out a few hours later that it has made a copy of the excel file but named as it was before I renamed it. I did not create a copy of this file. I can't delete this copy because it says "item not found". How do I get rid of...
  8. A file I can't delete

A file I can't delete: I have windows 10. I have a file in documents I can't delete and it is taking up 90% of my storage. It's a TS file that I added myself. When I go to documents and click on it, it freezes my computer. I have tried command prompt to forcefully delete it and that didn't work....
  9. A file I can't delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A file I can't delete: I have windows 10. I have a file in documents I can't delete and it is taking up 90% of my storage. It's a TS file that I added myself. When I go to documents and click on it, it freezes my computer. I have tried command prompt to forcefully delete it and that didn't work....
  10. Can't delete files?

Can't delete files?: I installed GIMP yesterday to try editing on it, didn't like it so I deleted it. Didn't delete or uninstall it properly so now whenever I search GIMP in my library in the THIS PC tab it has a bunch of files that I can't delete. I'll put pictures because I'm not good with...