Windows 10: AVG Free Problems

Discus and support AVG Free Problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all. Just upgraded to Edge and I've reinstalled all of my previous antivirus. All seem to be working well (Malwarebytes and Spybot) except for AVG... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chips2, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Chips2 Win User

AVG Free Problems

Hi all. Just upgraded to Edge and I've reinstalled all of my previous antivirus. All seem to be working well (Malwarebytes and Spybot) except for AVG Free. For some reason whenever I double click on the icon I get the blue spinning circle to show that it's "thinking about it", but my control console doesn't pop up so I can do scans and update it. Any clues what's stopping it?

:)

Chips2, Jan 30, 2020

2. AVG Zen and Error message 0xc0000005

Uninstalling the AVG management console (formerly known as AVG Zen)

Uninstalling the AVG management console (formerly kn... | AVG Support

Uninstall the AVG management console

NOTE: Before uninstalling the AVG management console, you must first uninstall all AVG Products linked to your AVG management console by following steps in the section above.

Troubleshooting

1. If you experience issues uninstalling the AVG management console from your PC, try using
      AVG Clear or AVG Remover by following steps in the article below:
    2. If you are still unable to uninstall the AVG management console after following all steps in this article, contact

AVG Support

Bill Smithers, Jan 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

AVG Free Problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

AVG Free Problems

1. AVG Free Problems - Similar Threads - AVG Free Problems

2. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  3. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  4. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. avg free su win 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    avg free su win 10 pro: hello, I installed avg free on 1/9/2019 and now it says it is updated but Windows security says it is not active. I have win 10 pro, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-free-su-win-10-pro/84de2267-07f1-4793-9d45-6ea924c5b608
  6. Problems with AVG & Avast

Problems with AVG & Avast: I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones. So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and doesn't conflict with other programs. I have malwarebytes installed but I don't feel secure enough with just that. I used Avast...
  7. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  8. Uninstalling AVG Free

Uninstalling AVG Free: This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it, please? I know I can go to their support, but before that I'd like to hear what others did. Sometimes it can be less tortuous....
  9. AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation: I've been using AVG Free Edition for a few years but the latest version gives me probs installing and when it is installed the GUI is different and stupid. My last installed version included Zen/Anti-virus but after uninstalling (wasn't an easy task) I can't even find a...
  10. AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?

AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?: I read that AVG were bringing out updates, but when I upgraded to Windows 10, AVG no longer works or even loads up. Anyone got it working, or something? 12540