Windows 10: AVG Tuneup trashed C drive. Looking for help please

Discus and support AVG Tuneup trashed C drive. Looking for help please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 64bit will not load. I appear to be working from an X: drive. System repair cannot help. I can get to the C prompt but DIR says file not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raffles, May 29, 2017.

1. raffles Win User

AVG Tuneup trashed C drive. Looking for help please

Windows 10 64bit will not load. I appear to be working from an X: drive. System repair cannot help. I can get to the C prompt but DIR says file not found. I can CD to D drive where there are quite a large amount of folders and files of which some were changed on the day AVG tuneup was run.

Any help appreciated. TIA

:)

raffles, May 29, 2017

2. Page Fault in Non Paged Area (LV 302V64.sys)

As previously mentioned, I used to use TuneUp, later to become AVG TuneUP, for cleaning up my PC. I've always used Avira Antivirus Pro as my antivirus software. Approx Aug 8th, I uninstalled AVG and upgraded my Avira Antivirus Pro, to Avira Internet Security
    Suite, which includes Antivirus Pro, System Speedup (replaces TuneUp), Browser Safety and Identity Safeguard. Since working on this issue, I found other folders/files I was sure were connected to AVG and have since deleted them...actually just yesterday. I
    have the built in defender (Windows Defender) disabled.

So, here's my next question....can I safely do a search of the C: drive for each of these files and just remove them, or, is there some way to tell which ones I still need?

I really appreciate your help and patience...

Ken

KENCHAHLEY, May 29, 2017
  3. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum does it have a undo option have you got restore points you could role back too

Samuria, May 29, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you have a USB flash drive or DVD inserted that the computer is booting from? Booting into X: drive usually means you are booting from a .wim file into the Windows PE environment used for installations and recovery drives (such as Kyhi's Recovery Tools or Macrium Reflect Recovery drives.)

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2017
  5. raffles Win User
    Unable to access RP points.

There is no flash drive or DVD inserted. I can only access drives C (empty) D and X. Tried to use a flash stick once started, but it would not show up as a drive.

raffles, May 30, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
    X: drive is a temporary drive letter that is accessed from either the Install Media or Startup Repair.
    What was on the Flash Drive? is it a bootable Windows install? If you have a Windows install DVD or ISO image, you can burn it to a USB Flash drive with Rufus, in my signature, or you can use the MIcrosoft Media Creation Tool to download and burn the ISO image, then you can put the USB Flash drive in the troubled computer and boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot tab. Here the Flash Drive may be listed under the HDD Group or as a USB device. Move this to First Boot Device, Save and Exit. Or you can press F12 at bootup to do a one time change of Boot order. Once booted off of the Windows install Media, choose your Language, then Repair Your Computer.

spunk, May 30, 2017
  7. raffles Win User

Before I start ... I can get to the Automatic repair options and I have tried restart in safe mode option. That fails and I see the error message .. Bad System Config Info.

This machine is running Windows 10 after I upgraded. I have only a Windows 7 Disc. Can I use this disc?

raffles, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. AVG Tuneup trashed C drive. Looking for help please - Similar Threads - AVG Tuneup trashed

2. Please help me please look at the message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me please look at the message: I'm trying to change my password because it's not private anymore but, when i find the sign in option it doesn't say password for me to change it but all i need to know is that what should i do because i want to know how to set a NEW PASSWORD...
  3. Please help me please look at the message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me please look at the message: I'm trying to change my password because it's not private anymore but, when i find the sign in option it doesn't say password for me to change it but all i need to know is that what should i do because i want to know how to set a NEW PASSWORD...
  4. C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.: I seem to have messed up my CDrive somehow, I seem to have partitions that have divided up my cdrive space and now has left me very short of download space. is there anyway to get my space back to normal possibly all my space in one place as shown in the photos below, there...
  5. C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.: I seem to have messed up my CDrive somehow, I seem to have partitions that have divided up my cdrive space and now has left me very short of download space. is there anyway to get my space back to normal possibly all my space in one place as shown in the photos below, there...
  6. Please help with C-Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with C-Drive: Hi, I was opening ZIPFILE on D disk, even tho I have hundreds of GB free on D disk, it told me NOT ENOUGH space and once I canceled opening the file, C disk became full... I have tried Disk Clean Up, but how do I clean C disk? How do I delete files I can't see... opening zip...
  7. C: Drive not accessible please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: Drive not accessible please help.: This is not another of those guys asking these. I searched all over the internet and looked at all other forums and i couldn't find an answer please help. I cant access my C: drive and I have all the games ive coded and video editing projects and other apps i don't want to...
  8. What is C:\trash?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is C:\trash?: I recently built a new PC and installed a purchased copy of Windows 10 Home. I now am running a complete disk drive backup and on drive C I found a file called C:\trash. It has 45 GB in it with one folder called jpgwm1eu.defaultXXX dated the day I built the PC in December...
  9. View Poll Results: Are you using AVG Web Tuneup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: Are you using AVG Web Tuneup?: This Antivirus Plugin Makes You LESS Secure AVG has been a trusted name in anti-malware and online security software for decades; over 200 million people have installed the free AVG Antivirus software. But in the last weeks of 2015, it was revealed that one of AVG’s...
  10. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !: I apologize in advance for wall of text !! Trying to supply as much information as I can. I have a Windows 10 HP that's around 2 years old. The computer is in good shape physically but has not had antivirus for a while. Recently while on the internet I've gotten notices...