Windows 10: AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos

Discus and support AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble loading movies with an AVI extension into MS Photos to edit. I can play these files using MS Films & TV. Other extensions load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bradley Johnstone, Jul 15, 2020.

1. AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos

I'm having trouble loading movies with an AVI extension into MS Photos to edit. I can play these files using MS Films & TV.

Other extensions load fine and I can edit these. Using other support articles I have tried repair, reset and reinstalling to no avail.

The error message that I get is:

Choose some other files. Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Bradley Johnstone, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

.AVI video files - unsupported

Hi,

The .AVI file format is listed as one of the supported video formats in Movies & TV. We need to gather more information for us know why you're unable to play .AVI video files using the Microsoft Movies & TV app. Please provide the answers to the questions
    below:

• Just to clarify, can you play other .AVI video files?
    • Does the error message also occur when playing your .AVI videos using Windows Media Player?
    • Aside from your .AVI files, can you still play other videos that has a different file format?
    • Have you accessed the Properties of your video files to see if they are set to .AVI file format?

It is possible that there is an issue with the settings of Movies & TV. This can be the reason why you're unable to play your .AVI files. We recommend running the
    Windows Store app troubleshooter. The troubleshooter usually resolved common Windows Store apps issues
    and it will also show you what is causing the error.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 15, 2020
  3. PBhowmik Win User
    photo editor and video editor

Please suggest me a very good video editor and a photo editor (although inbuilt photo editing is there but still if there is any better) for my nokia 808 pureview white and from where i can download these and install in my mobile.

Thanking you,

PBhowmik, Jul 15, 2020
  4. AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos

.AVI video files - unsupported

I am using windows 10 and trying to view a .AVI file recorded by my NightCam on a .AVI File.

Why am I getting the message << Can't play. This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4 send feedback >> when trying to play a short video using the Microsoft
    "Movies & TV" app?

Also, how can I get software to read it. If I use Prism Video Pad editor software it opens fine, but I would rather just open the file and view it rather than pretend I want to edit it which takes longer to load.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers)

Cedarglen47, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos

1. AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos - Similar Threads - AVI Files loading

2. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  3. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  4. Photo Video Editor ,

Photo Video Editor ,: Can I find instructions to use Photo Video Editor ,The Web just sends me to pay for Editors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-video-editor/c8c9558a-f2ff-41fd-9335-399a5f2fddac
  5. photos and video editor

photos and video editor: Greetings: Did an update to 20H2, and bloatware run, now photos and video editor are no longer found. Any suggestions. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-and-video-editor/4725fd17-febb-4786-99a1-55072ebcd0cf
  6. Photos Video Editor...

Photos Video Editor...: Hey, I am a YT and I have was editing a video in Photos when I noticed that the background music applies it to all the videos in the story board, can this be changed because I am not enjoying all the services in Windows 10 because of these questions which go unanswered...
  7. Windows photos video editor keeps loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows photos video editor keeps loading: I have so far resetted, repaired and uninstalled photos editor but still it just keeps having this black buffering on screen. it lets me use video after first 30seconds but not the whole video. I was just editing videos and this bug came all of a sudden with next project and...
  8. Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor: Hi, I have been trying to import .mp4 files into the Windows 10 Video Editor. They have been imported, but the preview is not shown; furthermore, when I drag any clips into the actual project, they simply appear as black with a buffering icon. I have tried importing the...
  9. Photo/Video Editor Windows 10

Photo/Video Editor Windows 10: I have made several videos with the Photo/Video app but every time I save them to One Drive or try to Export to Share, the only thing that I get is a pink screen with the audio, as saved. This should be simple-why aren't the photos from the videos coming through- they videos...
  10. Photos Video Editor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos Video Editor Windows 10: How do I change the speed of a video I try to edit in Photos Video Editor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/photos-video-editor-windows-10/0e66400d-9877-4ab1-a86a-9c630479ba33