Windows 10: AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE

Discus and support AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is AVIRA a part of Win10? I keep getting "notifications" that I have 8 updates to do; then when I try to do it, that pos AVIRA keeps demanding that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wooglin56, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Wooglin56 Win User

AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE

Is AVIRA a part of Win10? I keep getting "notifications" that I have 8 updates to do; then when I try to do it, that pos AVIRA keeps demanding that I buy an "upgrade" to a paid version....is this a scammer or just more typical microsoft??? There really isn't a proper category below for what I'm asking...

ALSO: what is "Cortana"? What''s it for, if anything?

ANOTHER QUESTION: Every time i log on, the miserable pos keeps showing a series of pretty pictures....i have repeatedly said i'm not interested....but to Win 10, that doesn't matter....it just keeps harassing me....PLEASE TURN THE MISERABLE PEST OFF....BUT HOW??

LAST FOR THIS POST: IS THERE ANYWAY TO MAKE THE CURRENT DESKTOP WHICH IS NOTHING BUT A 14 YEAR OLD GAMERS DELIGHT, INTO A PRODUCTIVE DESKTOP FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE ACTUAL WORK TO DO?? I WANT MY DESKTOP TO BE ORGANIZED LIKE WIN 7

:)

Wooglin56, Jan 26, 2020

2. Constant high-pitched whine on my laptop speakers

Hi Everyone,

I hope you can help me. My msi gs63vr stealth pro geforce
    gtx 1060 suddenly has a constant whine if I turn on the sound at all on anything. I can't even turn on Cortana. I read somewhere something about amplifiers but I have not changed anything. Could it be something with the driver or a MS update (MS 10)? Any help
    or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

AFBurris399, Jan 26, 2020
  3. kath_986 Win User
    Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Jan 26, 2020
  4. AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE

Avira icon on system tray not showing

p060477,

marsmimar's suggestion, based on that of others, is a very good step to take.

*Arrow If the problem still remains, then, your best bet is to go to the Avira support forum. Avira is the best source to solve this issue. It IS their program, they know best what problems exist, and they are the ones who can actually do something about it!

cottonball, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE

1. AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE - Similar Threads - AVIRA Constant whining

2. is this coil whine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this coil whine?: ive been having this for about a month now, performance and temps aren't affected at all by this, but the noise is a bit annoying, it only happens in-game...
  3. is this coil whine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this coil whine?: ive been having this for about a month now, performance and temps aren't affected at all by this, but the noise is a bit annoying, it only happens in-game...
  4. Avira Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  5. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  6. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avira Antivirus: Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem - thank you Kath...
  7. Loss of desktop and much more!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of desktop and much more!: I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to 1809 but that made no difference to the problems - I had the near windows 7 style desktop but this has disappeared and...
  8. Is winpro so much more than win10 home?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is winpro so much more than win10 home?: Simply being able to control updates somewhat, what are the other advantages to upgrading to PROFESSIONAL version? All previous versions were substantially different and I did use the pro versions. Do I want to give M$ another $100? Thank You Don 126469
  9. Constant high-pitched whine on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant high-pitched whine on my laptop speakers: Hi Everyone, I hope you can help me. My msi gs63vr stealth pro geforce gtx 1060 suddenly has a constant whine if I turn on the sound at all on anything. I can't even turn on Cortana. I read somewhere something about amplifiers but I have not changed anything. Could it be...
  10. Avira Anitivius

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Anitivius: I am needing to uninstall Avira Antivirus from my computer manually in order for my Windows to install updates. I am not able to find Avira anywhere on my computer to even do this....