Windows 10: Avira Scout Browser

Discus and support Avira Scout Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] Yet another 'Browser' rears it's head upon the 'Surfing Seas'! Avira Scout Browser, (Version 2016.01.14.00353b (beta) based on Chromium... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Edwin, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Avira Scout Browser

Avira Scout Browser [​IMG]

Yet another 'Browser' rears it's head upon the 'Surfing Seas'!
    Avira Scout Browser, (Version 2016.01.14.00353b (beta) based on Chromium 47.0.2526.111), available for testing now but, you need to apply for it.

https://betacenter.avira.com/callout...7851B25047F755

This is simply a Chromium based browser heavy laden with 'Safe Browsing' features supported by Avira.

Not many, if any, tallies are in on this 'noobie' so, if you happen to be testing this one out, by all means, post your views, reviews or votes here.

:)

Edwin, Jan 17, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Rebult my Windows Phone OS - No Local Scout in Bing Anymore

Local Scout is a service limited by region and controlled by the Browser & Search language setting in Settings>region + language. If this is set to an unsupported region, Local Scout will disappear.

You can always of course, change this to another region, but then you will get irrelevant results to your locale when searching and Local Scout results could be very incomplete.

Entegy, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Local Scout not available bug

Hi,

I bought a Lumia 920 in France and after changing all the regional settings to my liking the Local Scout app stopped working. It reported that was not available in my Country/Region.

It turns out that even though France is defined as the Country/region, Local scout will only startup if France is also defined as the Browser language setting.

I do believe that it is a bug as the prefered language for the browser should not be used to determined the location.

Regards

PS: Is there any official place for bug/issue reporting?

ZhenRaider, Jan 17, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Avira Scout Browser

Thanks for the information.. but I'll pass that one by.

Way too many browsers out there me thinks.

BunnyJ, Jan 17, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Right you are!

I found it reminiscent of a time when I had Norton on the PC and you could add the 'Safe Site Search', etc. toolbars to your browser.

This one, though, is by no means sluggish!

It might be a nice contender for those who like that type of security blanket.

Edwin, Jan 17, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Heck.. everyone wants to make their own I guess. There are far too many FireFox derivatives as it is. We really don't need anymore. And this is like programming languages. There are so many it's not even funny. In most cases you can get by with around 4-5.

BunnyJ, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    *Ditto Í have to agree with Jeff one this one.

And very few are original. They're always "based" or "branched" from another, be it Chromium, Mozzilla Firefox, or Opera.

Plus my experience with browsers from AV companies, is they're usually slow as all beat hell. When you click a site, it first sends the URL to the AV company and checks it against a data base(yup you tin foil scopophobics, you're surfing is being watched when using AV browsers, bwahahahaha!) then if it's clean, off ya go!

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Avira Scout Browser

1. Avira Scout Browser - Similar Threads - Avira Scout Browser

2. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  3. Avira Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  4. avira antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    avira antivirus: Can someone help me remove/uninstall this program ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/7ac5c7bf-c69c-4648-b156-76977234b5a4
  5. Disabling Avira

Disabling Avira: I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns shows many entries, all ticked and I am denied access to untick them. Without uninstalling it, how can I disable it till I...
  6. avira antivirus

avira antivirus: update program says remove avira antivirus. cant find on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/616a7b49-8669-4ccf-be0e-d473e6440cf6
  7. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  8. Avira Antivirus

Avira Antivirus: Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem - thank you Kath...
  9. Avira Anitivius

Avira Anitivius: I am needing to uninstall Avira Antivirus from my computer manually in order for my Windows to install updates. I am not able to find Avira anywhere on my computer to even do this....
  10. Avira removal

Avira removal: I need to remove Avira from one of my laptops. I have Googled and something called Luke Filewalker, which is the Avira scanner sometimes does not remove itself. If anyone has any experience with Avira removal, please let me know. Unless I have to boot into Safe mode and do a...