Windows 10: Avoid App Store

Discus and support Avoid App Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Every time I install an app on my desktop the process uses the App Store and there is an extreme delay sometimes more than ten minutes. Hence I want to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BruceBain, Jun 30, 2019.

1. BruceBain Win User

Avoid App Store

Every time I install an app on my desktop the process uses the App Store and there is an extreme delay sometimes more than ten minutes. Hence I want to install apps bypassing the App Store. I checked my settings and there is an option for "do not recommend". Will this setting hopefully eliminate the interference of the App Store. I am using Win 10 pro.

I noticed on my laptop which also uses Win 10 pro the settings option is "allow apps from anywhere". DOes anyone know why there are different options in setting for the desktop and for the laptop.

:)

BruceBain, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Avoid App Store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Can't download apps from store

Hello Sanket,

If you're still having that error after following the suggested steps. We need to run WSreset. WSreset is a command that will clear the stored cache.

Before you start clearing the store cache make sure that you have the correct time zone,date and time to avoid syncing issues with the Store.

Follow these steps:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Note:

The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Avoid App Store

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Avoid App Store

1. Avoid App Store - Similar Threads - Avoid App Store

2. how to avoid/fix cross contamination of apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to avoid/fix cross contamination of apps in windows 11: there are 2 user accounts in our family computer one being the admin and the other account being standard my account.My problem is that whenever an application that I downloaded in my standard account it also shows in the admin acc the same goes other way around and when I...
  3. how to avoid/fix cross contamination of apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to avoid/fix cross contamination of apps in windows 11: there are 2 user accounts in our family computer one being the admin and the other account being standard my account.My problem is that whenever an application that I downloaded in my standard account it also shows in the admin acc the same goes other way around and when I...
  4. Apps in app store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps in app store: New laptop. Also had surgery so typing one handed. please forgive typos. on my desktop I downloaded and paid for the Cricut Design Space App. Windows 10 does not allow a download straight from the cricut web site, just from the app store, where there is a 9.99 charge for this...
  5. APP store for APPS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    APP store for APPS: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop and installed Microsoft 365. Microsoft windows app store will not allow me to install a good app store so I can add apps ie:banking, Veterans app etc. Can someone please direct me to another app store Thanks...
  6. avoid signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    avoid signing in: I have The Latest Windows 10 Version 20H2, OS-19042-804. How can i avoid signing in on my desk top computer? it's a nuisance, as i live on my own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avoid-signing-in/0d5e1294-38a6-4262-aaa5-1f7106f62992
  7. How to avoid this ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid this ?: I feel a need to reset my windows but don't want to loose my APPS and who knows what else: [img] 172130
  8. Avoiding 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avoiding 2004 upgrade: I've upgraded several of my machines to 2004. Unfortunately that's killing my 15 yo canon inkjet. It's still working great as a printer but the scanner doesn't work as soon as I upgrade. Perhaps understandable and I'd buy a new one except that I've got a ton of ink and the...
  9. How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?: I have win10 64 bit. I want to run a dos type batch file that will run an exe file that will download file When I do it the downloads get put in syswow64 though by rights they should go into the folder that the .exe was run from. Following some googled advice I moved the...
  10. how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground: Essentially, I switch back and forth between a news reader and a browser, and every time I bring the reader back on foreground, it reloads its start page on resuming, rather than keeping the article it was left on. All synch options for the reader are off, and this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avoid store

2. apps to avoid windows store