Windows 10: Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot

Discus and support Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed 2 windows 10 on two different disks and at the start of the computer I always get the screen of choice that I brought to just 5 seconds in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Jul 27, 2020.

1. hispanico Win User

Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot

I installed 2 windows 10 on two different disks and at the start of the computer I always get the screen of choice that I brought to just 5 seconds in duration.Is it possible to delete this screen / choice and go directly to the current operating system?If yes ... how can I possibly get back the screen of choice between the two starts?

Thank

:)

hispanico, Jul 27, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot

Boot windows installation within a partition?

Damnit, I knew thats what you wanted with your first post! I deleted my post because JMCSLOB confused me lol.

Hm, if you Follow this guide (Replace words "flash driive" with 160GB hard drive) How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive for both partitions and then to do a dummy install of windows 8 on the last part of the HDD it should give you the option to boot Windows 7/8 Installer or boot into windows 8.
    Edit: On step 4 you will want to make sure you size the partition correctly... or you can use the windows gui tool in control panel.

Once you get that far you can just delete windows 8 from the boot menu using MSCONFIG and delete the partition.

slyfox2151, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot

1. Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot - Similar Threads - Avoid choosing between

2. How to boot between two Windows 11 drives with separate timezones?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot between two Windows 11 drives with separate timezones?: Hello! I have two different Windows 11 installations running on two different drives on my system. One is for work, which should be set to CST. The other is for personal use, which is set to PST. However, when I switch between the two systems using the dual boot menu, the...
  3. How to boot between two Windows 11 drives with separate timezones?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to boot between two Windows 11 drives with separate timezones?: Hello! I have two different Windows 11 installations running on two different drives on my system. One is for work, which should be set to CST. The other is for personal use, which is set to PST. However, when I switch between the two systems using the dual boot menu, the...
  4. Is there a way to do a clean install of windows between two laptops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to do a clean install of windows between two laptops?: I am wondering if it is possible to connect a laptop to another pc and install a clean copy of windows like that. My laptop at the moment turns on but nothing comes up on the screen and externel monitors only work if the desktop is on, they dont show anything during...
  5. Is there a way to do a clean install of windows between two laptops?

Is there a way to do a clean install of windows between two laptops?: I am wondering if it is possible to connect a laptop to another pc and install a clean copy of windows like that. My laptop at the moment turns on but nothing comes up on the screen and externel monitors only work if the desktop is on, they dont show anything during...
  6. How to avoid installing Windows 11?

How to avoid installing Windows 11?: I do not want to install Windows 11. I am asked when I want to install it. There is no option to keep Windows 10. I can't use my laptop until I can get past this screen. Thanks...
  7. Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors: I am looking to buy a gaming monitor this month, and i saw 2 Monitors one Alienware and one from MSI. They Have both discounts on them and everything about them like specs and design are really good. The Alienware is 180hz 32inch ips 2k display BUT with 1000 contrast ratio,...
  8. Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications: Hi! I am a 3D designer, and I have faced this problem. I have two graphic cards Intel & Nvidia. I want to know if there is any way to pick which application uses which graphics card....
  9. System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens.: My card reader wasn't working so I went to the Dell site and installed a driver. The card reader still didn't work so I rebooted my Dell 660 PC, or tried to. It boots to a Windows splash screen, the goes to a Dell splash screen, then continues to go back and forth between the...
  10. Transferring files between two windows 10 installations

Transferring files between two windows 10 installations: So, i have a new HDD with Win 10 installed. What i'm wonderering is: Can i transfer files between my old HDD with win 10 (home) and my new HDD with win 10 (pro). I know that tranferring files between win 7 and 8 creates problems. But is that the case here too? 30908