Windows 10: Avoid the need to enter my Microsoft account password twice to login to Windows 10 -...

Discus and support Avoid the need to enter my Microsoft account password twice to login to Windows 10 -... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This problem has been apparent since last November after I worked with a Microsoft technician to resolve a problem with being unable to apply a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DuncanPrince, May 17, 2020.

1. Avoid the need to enter my Microsoft account password twice to login to Windows 10 -...

This problem has been apparent since last November after I worked with a Microsoft technician to resolve a problem with being unable to apply a Windows updgrade to my Acer all-in-one.

The user affected has an administrator profile.

Sometimes I can login first time, on other occasions it requires two attempts.

When the first attempt fails it is most unlikely to be the wrong password as I am entering it very carefully !

It mostly happens after the computer is turned on and I am the first person to logon less of a problem when switching user accounts and logging in.

When login is refused there is no error message and no appreciable delay - the display just flicks over and awaits a second login attempt.

Although you may think it could be a profile issue, as other user accounts logging in to the Acer do not face this problem, I very much doubt it.

This is because when this admin user logs in to any of our other devices also using Windows 10 on the same home network this problem never arises.

I regularly update Windows, and apply driver updates and run basic housekeeping including disk clean up.

Running sfc / scannow has identified problems in the past and fixed them. No issues apparent now.

Device uses an Intel Core i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz processor and has 8.00 GB RAM. Windows 10 Home Version 1909, OS build 18363.836.

Any suggestions will be much apprecaited.

:)

DuncanPrince, May 17, 2020

2. Not able to login to Windows 10 when entering the password into it.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully and not able to login to Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to check with different keyboard?

I suggest you to try to enter the password using On-Screen Keyboard and check if it helps.

1. When at login page, click on Ease of Access which is available at the bottom right corner of the screen.

2. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard.

3. Try to enter the correct password and check if you are able to login to the computer.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  4. Avoid the need to enter my Microsoft account password twice to login to Windows 10 -...

Cannot login with microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi John,

If you are using Microsoft account to login into the user account, I suggest you to convert the user account to
    Local account and using the new Microsoft account change to Microsoft user account by following the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert to local account.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts, click on
      sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and click on Next.
    • Type the Password, and Password Hint that you want set for the local account and click
      Next.
    • Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Login to check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To switch to Microsoft account.

• On the newly converted Local user account, press
      Windows logo + I
      keys on the keyboard to open Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the new Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of not able to login using Microsoft account on the computer for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Avoid the need to enter my Microsoft account password twice to login to Windows 10 -...

1. Avoid the need to enter my Microsoft account password twice to login to Windows 10 -... - Similar Threads - Avoid need enter

2. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  3. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  4. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window: I start my computer and a window comes up stating Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your PIN again. So I click on Set up your pin and it takes me to a Microsoft account window. ENTER PASSWORD, when I go to...
  6. Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window: I start my computer and a window comes up stating Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your PIN again. So I click on Set up your pin and it takes me to a Microsoft account window. ENTER PASSWORD, when I go to...
  7. Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password: Hi,I'm have an user on my computer that I linked to a Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I had no password for this user when I linked the account, and put the computer to sleep before this was accomplished.After that, when trying to sign on as that user, the login screen does...
  8. After reboot my Windows 10 Pro PC, I need to enter my Microsoft Account and email passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After reboot my Windows 10 Pro PC, I need to enter my Microsoft Account and email passwords: After reboot my Windows 10 PC, I need to enter my Microsoft Account and email passwords. My Windows Edition is Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.630 After reboot I need to enter my Microsoft Account password for onedrive, Skype I also need to enter my...
  9. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  10. Enter PIN number twice every login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enter PIN number twice every login: After a recent update (not sure which, the first couple times I thought I had entered the pin wrong), I enter my pin number (correctly), and the screen refreshes and I have to reenter the pin, this time the pc accepts it and logs in. I am making sure that I am entering...