Windows 10: Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting

Discus and support Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I love whern Windows is very simple and fast, sometime I really don't need "plus" that slow me down working. One of them is when for example I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barabba, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Barabba Win User

Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting

Hi, I love whern Windows is very simple and fast, sometime I really don't need "plus" that slow me down working.

One of them is when for example I would open a photo folder and open immediatly the most recent pictures. In very old windows this folder was opened very quickly as it can contain unknown files, and it was necessary to sort by date to have really fast response. Now every time it open that folder it takes minutes only to show files (**I have disabled already thumbnails!!**) and if I click on sort, double work. Really annoying.

I suppose that windows search inside the files jpg some info, and it does for eavery jpg file. How can I teach Windows "please consider jpg as unkow files, I don't need your extra services?"

Also, I would lovely that windows doesn't recognize any kind of file when it wants to look inside of it pretending find some datas, I don't need mp3 artist, I don't need movie infos, etc. And when I open a folder I would love that it display as usually the name, date of last modification, size.. **always**. I hate when I open a music folder and I need always to manually select date of last modification.

Thank you a lot for your kind help!

:)

Barabba, Aug 8, 2018
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Aug 8, 2018
  3. sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting - Similar Threads - Avoid serch info

2. Folder tag info- sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder tag info- sorting: I need a way to add an editable column for folders that can be sorted. We have a folder on the server that contains all of of our job folders in it that the name start with the job #. There can be 3-400 of these during the course of a year. I'd like to add a column that would...
  3. Folder tag info- sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder tag info- sorting: I need a way to add an editable column for folders that can be sorted. We have a folder on the server that contains all of of our job folders in it that the name start with the job #. There can be 3-400 of these during the course of a year. I'd like to add a column that would...
  4. Folder tag info- sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File sorting

in Cortana
    File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  6. Serching text file contents

in Cortana
    Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  7. Serching text file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  8. Serching text file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. The Bing serch engine in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Bing serch engine in Windows 10.: The Bing search doesn't work 90% of the time. When I want to go to a site with EDGE Bing comes up with "can't reach this page". What is wrong with Bing? Also how do I get rid of this crapy search engine?...
  10. Avoid Windows search info into files when sorting

in Windows 10 Support
    Avoid Windows search info into files when sorting: Hi, I love whern Windows is very simple and fast, sometime I really don't need "plus" that slow me down working. One of them is when for example I would open a photo folder and open immediatly the most recent pictures. In very old windows this folder was opened very quickly...