Windows 10: Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Discus and support Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I haven't installed Windows 10 Home on my new system yet. I do not want to use Device Encryption (not to be confused with Bitlocker Drive Encryption,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sonicwind, Sep 7, 2018.

1. sonicwind Win User

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

I haven't installed Windows 10 Home on my new system yet.

I do not want to use Device Encryption (not to be confused with Bitlocker Drive Encryption, which isn't available on W10 Home). Not even with a "clear" key.

My understanding is that Device Encryption requires the following: Secure Boot, TPM, Connected Standby-capable hardware, and a Microsoft account created during installation.

Is it enough to just avoid one of those (for example, choosing a local account), or should I avoid as many of them as possible?

Thank you so much for your time. This website is an absolutely amazing resource. I put my specs in my profile.

:)

sonicwind, Sep 7, 2018

2. Device Encryption vs Bitlocker

Hi David,

Since you would like to know more about Bitlocker and device encryption, we suggest that you check and review our advance support site about the overview of Bitlocker and device encryption on this

link

The overview provide details between the two programs that might help you to decide.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

1. Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home - Similar Threads - Avoiding Bitlocker Device

2. Bitlocker Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Device Encryption: Does bitlocker Device encryption change your recovery key each time you turn bitlocker on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-device-encryption/3283ade2-2838-48ca-b2e2-68b244410f96
  3. How to avoid explicit signs of BITLOCKER encryption

How to avoid explicit signs of BITLOCKER encryption: Please only replies from people who have at least some knowledge of the topic. Is there any solution to create a Windows 10 Bitlocker encrypted installation and to remove as many indicators as possible that indicate the system is actually Bitlocker encrypted? This would be...
  4. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Split from this thread. Hi, I got similar issue. I turned off the encryption after I am being asked to provide the recovery key every time I boot the issue. After restarting the system, I couldn't find the encryption setting. I have the admin rights. But, how do I...
  5. Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption

Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption: We have just upgraded to SCCM 2006 and are testing the Bitlocker policies. We have successfully got fixed device encryption working but we are having real problems with Removable device encryption. With RD Encryption enabled, whenever I plug a USB device in it asks if I want...
  6. Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home): So, since I have open shell, every program shows up, this was when i was searching for device manager and I accidentally clicked on the "BitLockerDeviceEncryption.exe" program. I'm scared to reboot and get prompted to type in a decryption key. Does the program even do...
  7. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for the Bitlocker key...
  8. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home: Hello, I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 on my Dell G5 laptop and I currently cannot do this because I am getting a message from Ubuntu to turn off BitLocker encryption in order to install the Ubuntu OS. My laptop currently has Windows 10 Home, so I...
  9. Windows Home -Device encryption

Windows Home -Device encryption: Hello,I would like to turn on Device encryption on my Laptop with TPM 2.0 chip,but I do not have this option in "Update and Security" In system info,Device Encryption Support shows "Elevation Required to View,instead Meets prerequisites...Where is problem ? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Device Encryption and BitLocker: Hello MS Community! Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker? It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject...