Windows 10: Avoiding logon at startup

Discus and support Avoiding logon at startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ALANGR, May 31, 2018.

1. ALANGR Win User

Avoiding logon at startup

I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step.

What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the password is invalid. Then I type my password and all is OK - but clearly the pwd is not reset.

I have looked around for workarounds and have been into settings finding that 'the requirement for users to logon' is NOT checked.

I also see at the initial password entry stage that there are three different options; I cannot recall just what they are but one has a key one refers to a local logon and one refers to Microsoft as far as I can remember.

Ant ideas as to the best way forward would be much appreciated!

Thanks

:)

ALANGR, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Avoiding logon at startup

1. Avoiding logon at startup - Similar Threads - Avoiding logon startup

2. Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot: Hi, I have several local account on my windows 11 PC without password. can i disable log on automatically to the last used account on startup / after reboot?andHow to set logon to specific user account on startup?Regards,Galih....
  3. Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot: Hi, I have several local account on my windows 11 PC without password. can i disable log on automatically to the last used account on startup / after reboot?andHow to set logon to specific user account on startup?Regards,Galih....
  4. Play Windows Startup at logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play Windows Startup at logon: Hey, How to play the Windows Startup (or other sound) In Logon? so, It will be the indicator to open Chrome. Cheers, JB Carreon 177478
  5. Logon loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon loop on startup.: Hi, After a restart on my Lenovo Thinkpad t490, I entered my pin as usual. However, after the welcome message it returned to the lock screen and did not sign on. I restarted the computer and tried again many times, but I was never able to logon. My operating sustem is...
  6. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  7. Logon/fast startup questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logon/fast startup questions.: Is there a way to stop windows from auto logging into an account that isn’t password protected? Also, If I turn on my computer and sign into my account sometimes either something that I left open when it turned it off will be back and open. Or if I know I’m the only one...
  8. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  9. Avoiding Auto-logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Avoiding Auto-logon at startup: I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step. What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the...
  10. Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup: Hi, I recently restored Windows 10 on my laptop. Since then, something unusual has been happening every time I logon. First, I get the Administrator logon page, which says that "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator." [img] Next, when I...