Windows 10: Avoiding UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts

Discus and support Avoiding UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to avoid UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts by "signing" them and making an exception for all scripts containing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alpha-Inc, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Avoiding UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts

Hello,

Is there a way to avoid UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts by "signing" them and making an exception for all scripts containing this signing or is this just not possible ?

submitted by /u/Alpha-Inc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alpha-Inc, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Tryx3 Win User

UAC prompt from batch runas administrator

If you can change to running the batch file from a shortcut instead of the command line then you could solve the problem by setting that shortcut to requiring Admin [right-click on the shortcut, Properties, Advanced, Run as Admin]. The desired standard
    UAC prompt will then appear whenever the shortcut runs.

If you start the batch file from Task scheduler then that can be made to co-operate with you. It normally refuses to run shortcuts but you can work around the limitation - see

Use Windows 7 Task scheduler to run a batch file minimised and with a specific icon

Tryx3, Apr 5, 2021
  3. ZenMasta Win User
    UAC prompt from batch runas administrator

I have a batch file that starts several programs. Yes I could start them all manually and or load whatever file I need, but this saves me a little time since I always have to start these programs and load certain profiles etc. However, the last one I
    need to run requires administrator.

I tried runas.exe /user:administrator (or even my microsoft@account, which is admin) but this prompts for a password within the console.

Is there a way to run as admin via command line without prompt for password, and instead for the user to enter the password and or accept via the standard UAC popup window?

ZenMasta, Apr 5, 2021
  4. fpefpe Win User

Avoiding UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts

uac query

Hello -- I have a batch file that runs a program that query the UAC and will prompt me every time I run -- It a safe program -- is there a way to set

up a "white list" so UAC will not prompt for confirmation?

fpefpe, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Avoiding UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts

1. Avoiding UAC prompts when starting self-made batch scripts - Similar Threads - Avoiding UAC prompts

2. Autofill UAC Prompt to Input Username and Password Admin with Batch Scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autofill UAC Prompt to Input Username and Password Admin with Batch Scripting: Hi Guys. I have a question. I want to create a bat file which the bat file can open CMD & run as Administrator. After run as Administrator, it will appear UAC prompt to input user and password admin. Could I create a bat file to autofill UAC prompt? Thanks in advance....
  3. Autofill UAC Prompt to Input Username and Password Admin with Batch Scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autofill UAC Prompt to Input Username and Password Admin with Batch Scripting: Hi Guys. I have a question. I want to create a bat file which the bat file can open CMD & run as Administrator. After run as Administrator, it will appear UAC prompt to input user and password admin. Could I create a bat file to autofill UAC prompt? Thanks in advance....
  4. Autofill UAC Prompt to Input Username and Password Admin with Batch Scripting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Batch scripting

Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  6. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  7. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  8. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  9. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  10. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...