Windows 10: AVR shut off when there is silence

Discus and support AVR shut off when there is silence in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve had audio problems since Windows reinstallation. My AV receiver takes a few seconds to start and when there is silence, Windows shuts off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maria Nielsenn, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AVR shut off when there is silence

I’ve had audio problems since Windows reinstallation. My AV receiver takes a few seconds to start and when there is silence, Windows shuts off the audio stream and AVR also shuts off. Then I turn on the sound and the process repeats. It’s the first time I’ve faced this issue although I reinstalled Windows before.

:)

Maria Nielsenn, Jan 28, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device

If Passthrough is enabled, it will see just the TV. https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00021373

I would suggest editing your original post with the how everything is connected (ie TV to AVR HDMI Out, AVR input from PC). Then state hardware in bullet point. Then troubleshooting. It makes it easier to read. Suggest going through the Setup steps on your AVR also. https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../45373541M.pdf Also suggest to reinstall the drivers for your GPU.

bro67, Jan 28, 2019
  3. HDMI audio stream is shut off when there is silence, makes AVR shut off, too

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model number of your AVR?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this
    helps.

Method 2: Windows Audio Service.

Follow the below steps and check if Windows Audio Service is set to
    Automatic.

Step 1: Press the Windows and the
    R keys from your keyboard and type Services.msc and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Then, search for Windows Audio service >
    Right-click on Windows Audio service > Properties > Click on the drop-down list next to
    Startup type and set it to Automatic.

Step 3: Then, Click on Apply and OK.

Note: Restart the computer after making the changes and check if the issue still persists.

If you are still facing the same issue, then please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

We await your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 28, 2019
  4. AVR shut off when there is silence

HDMI audio stream is shut off when there is silence, makes AVR shut off, too

Hi.

I just re-installed Windows because it was corrupted and now I have audio problems. It worked for years (and it still works with Windows 7 on the same PC), but now Windows decided that it doesn't want me to have continuous audio.

When there should be sound, it will output an audio stream just like normal. Problem is that my AV receiver needs about 5 seconds to start and only then I actually hear something. And when there is no sound to output, Windows will shut off the audio stream,
    making my AVR shut off, too. When there is audio again, the whole process repeats.

It never did that before - and I have done a fresh install multiple times in the past years. What is wrong? I can't even find a solution by using
    Google Bing...

Cheers,

Christopher

ChristopherHannusch, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

AVR shut off when there is silence

1. AVR shut off when there is silence - Similar Threads - AVR shut off

2. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  3. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  4. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  5. Bluetooth silenced.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth silenced.: I've been using a pair of bluetooth earbuds recently, they had been working fine until yesterday, now they're always silenced until something makes sound, they take a second to "activate" and then play the rest of the audio, which is fine for movies, videos or games, but any...
  6. Blank program when shutting off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank program when shutting off: Heyo, so, I turned off my PC today and as it turned off the usual stuff came up, steam is stopping the system from shutting down yada yada goes away in a few seconds, but today a weird blank program showed up with it, it had no icon and no name too, I'd wager it's probably...
  7. Laptop to Denon avr

Laptop to Denon avr: I have a older toshiba laptop sattilite L670 running windows 10. Connected using hdmi. I am only getting stereo into the denon. When I go to the sound settings and specify 7.1 and ping the 8 speakers I only get sound coming from the l/r speakers in my system. Does this...
  8. PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos: Recently my setup stopped producing sound. When sound was playing, my AVR would show "dolby surround" when playing games and watching youtube. I left my computer on for 24 hours. When I came back, my AVR would say "dolby atmos" when playing games and youtube. Unfortunately,...
  9. Is There a Way to Silence the Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is There a Way to Silence the Keyboard?: Is there a way to make the sound of the keyboard silent like you can do on your iPhone? I hate all the clicking on every key I enter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-silence-the-keyboard/94b2af6c-1a91-4186-9ad4-1ab18635a20c
  10. HDMI audio stream is shut off when there is silence, makes AVR shut off, too

HDMI audio stream is shut off when there is silence, makes AVR shut off, too: Hi. I just re-installed Windows because it was corrupted and now I have audio problems. It worked for years (and it still works with Windows 7 on the same PC), but now Windows decided that it doesn't want me to have continuous audio. When there should be sound, it will...