Windows 10: awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

Discus and support awake from hibernate mode on Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mloballer, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mloballer Win User

awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and barely open the lid and hit the power button. Is there any way to wake up from hibernation with the keyboard an mouse? Or should I turn hibernation off? (which I hear can ruin battery life). Let me know if you have any solutions, thanks.

:)

mloballer, Dec 13, 2018

2. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Dec 13, 2018
  3. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 13, 2018
  4. awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

Windows 10 frozen 'hibernating' mode

Hi Shan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would glad to help you with the issue you are facing.

If your computer is still showing as "Hibernating", then try turning the computer OFF by pressing and holding the power button. Wait for 10 seconds and then restart it again and check if you are able
    to past the "Hibernating". If yes, then check if this is caused by any issues with the power settings on the computer. This can be done by running the Power Troubleshooter.

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Power settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process

Also suggest you to try the following methods and check if this issue persists.

Discharge the power from the laptop after removing its battery.

If your laptop is stuck on the screen showing the message “Hibernating”, you may need to discharge the power from your laptop by removing your battery.

To do this, you may follow these steps:

a) Turn the laptop over and slide the switches holding your battery in place to the "Unlocked" position.

b) Pull the battery out of your laptop

c) Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.

d) Return the battery to its position and lock it in place by sliding the battery switches to the "Locked" position.

e) Plug your laptop into the power supply and press the "Power" button to power on your laptop.

You may also try powering the laptop off by pressing and holding its button down for 10 seconds. This should release the hibernation mode.

Hope this helps if the issue persists do get back to us we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

1. awake from hibernate mode on Laptop - Similar Threads - awake hibernate mode

2. Laptop enters hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  3. Laptop enters hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  4. Laptop Hibernates in Safe Mode, but not in Regular mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Hibernates in Safe Mode, but not in Regular mode: A few days ago I noticed that my laptop no longer goes into hibernate mode, it just "Logs off" both by pressing the button in the power menu and by closing the lidWhen I put the laptop into Safe Mode, and close the lid, the laptop goes into Hibernate mode.I'd really like to...
  5. Laptop Hibernates in Safe Mode, but not in Regular mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates in Safe Mode, but not in Regular mode: A few days ago I noticed that my laptop no longer goes into hibernate mode, it just "Logs off" both by pressing the button in the power menu and by closing the lidWhen I put the laptop into Safe Mode, and close the lid, the laptop goes into Hibernate mode.I'd really like to...
  6. Laptop Hibernates in Safe Mode, but not in Regular mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop stuck in Hibernating mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop stuck in Hibernating mode: I have an HP pavilion laptop. I started my laptop and all it shows is a screen with HIBERNATING written on it. It stays like that for hours. I even tried draining the battery and then restarting it. Still the same. I have read other answers suggesting to remove the battery....
  8. Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly: I have task scheduler on my new Win 10 desktop configured to wake from hibernation at a specified time of day. The computer does power up at the specified time and the Windows icon and spinning dots first appear on the screen in a similar fashion to what happens when wake...
  9. my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

my pc awake after sleep or hibernation: Hello.I have two annoying problems about one year ago. 1)My laptop awake every day at 3:00 am!!!.I checked automatic maintenance and for sure i set at 12 noon and uncheck option '' allow to awake pc the spesific time''.But the problem...
  10. Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen is awake when i open my laptop when it is in hibernate mode

2. awake from hibernation mode l480

3. awake from hibernate