Windows 10: Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

Discus and support Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mloballer, Dec 14, 2018.

1. mloballer Win User

Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and barely open the lid and hit the power button. Is there any way to wake up from hibernation with the keyboard an mouse? Or should I turn hibernation off? (which I hear can ruin battery life). Let me know if you have any solutions, thanks.

:)

mloballer, Dec 14, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Not able to awake PC from Keyboard but can push it to Sleep Mode from Keyboard Special Key

Hi Guys,

I have Logitech MK270 with some Special Keys one of which is PC Sleep Button as shown below, by pressing that Button I can push PC to Sleep Mode but I am not able to awake my PC by pressing any Keyboard button or Mouse clicks, Why so? so to bring PC to working mode from sleep I will have to click start button.

Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse logitech-k270-m705-jpg.jpg

However I can bring back my PC to working state if I click any keyboard button just after I pressed the sleep button after 10 to 15 seconds but not able to do it after 15 minutes of Sleep Mode.

Please advice.

Thanks.

sammy, Dec 14, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

Windows 10 lost mouse & keyboard after a week

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access keyboard and mouse on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to connect external keyboard and mouse to the built-in ports on your device and check if they are working.

If external keyboard and mouse is working, then follow the below:

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: Try to update/install the drivers in compatibility mode on Windows 10.

Step 1: Uninstall and update keyboard driver.

Steps to uninstall keyboard driver:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Uninstall.

Steps to Update the keyboard driver.

• Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

Step 2: Uninstall and update mouse driver.

Steps to uninstall mouse driver:

• Select Device Manager.
    • Expand mouse.
    • Right on the mouse driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Steps to Update the mouse driver.

• Select Device Manager.
    • Expand mouse.
    • Right on the mouse
      driver and click on
      Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the mouse
    drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

1. Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse - Similar Threads - Awake Hibernation Mode

2. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  3. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  4. Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard: I recently purchase an HP all in one with windows 10 installed. I also purchased and installed MS Office. I cannot get the machine to wake up with a mouse or keyboard. I made sure that windows 10 is up to date. I have done all of the things suggested on the web, device...
  5. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse: HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse in normal sleep PC woke up easily from any mouse click or keyboard...
  6. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  7. Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly: I have task scheduler on my new Win 10 desktop configured to wake from hibernation at a specified time of day. The computer does power up at the specified time and the Windows icon and spinning dots first appear on the screen in a similar fashion to what happens when wake...
  8. awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

awake from hibernate mode on Laptop: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...
  9. Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.: I know this is a duplicate of another thread, but I couldn't get anyone to reply back to me in the other thread. But I have a Logitech mouse on my second computer which is an Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC. When I wiggle the mouse to wake it up from sleep, sometimes the...
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...