Windows 10: Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Discus and support Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. When waking from sleep mode computer is in some sort of search loop (appears to be Bing) - it does not do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SMKC1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. SMKC1 Win User

Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. When waking from sleep mode computer is in some sort of search loop (appears to be Bing) - it does not do this after shutdown and restart. The way I found to get it out of the search loop is to open Settings from the Start Menu and type any letter into the search bar, then a line item list of options appears on the left side of the screen; when I select the home icon on the upper left corner of the screen the typical selection of Settings tiles appears and the computer runs fine until the next time it wakes from sleep. I have tried lots of things including restore point and even a clean install with no luck.

:)

SMKC1, Jan 21, 2019

2. Windows 8 Pro - 64 bit on a Dell E6410 ATG?

I own a Dell E6410 ATG. I have recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and am enjoying the new features of Win 8 Pro. When I got the computer it had a 32 bit version of Windows 7 on it. So I used the 32 bit version of Windows 8 Pro when loading the new OS.

But as I read the specs of the now discontinued Dell E6410 ATG it shows that it was capable of operating using the Windows 7 64 bit OS. I also maxed the Memory (ram) out at 8GB.

It appears that I may be able to use more of the installed memory if this computer was using the 64 bit architecture.

I am not technically brave enough to just attempt loading the Windows 8 Pro 64 bit OS and see if it works.

Has anyone here tried this or have any input on this?

KevinLuzzi, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit :)

4. JohnE10 Win User

Windows 7 OEM move from 32-bit to 64-bit

I have a Dell Vostro 3700 laptop running OEM 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I have the 32-bit disks but not 64-bit disks. I would like to move up to a 64-bit operating system. I believe the i5-560M CPU supports 64-bit processing. I cannot download a 64-bit
    version of Windows 7 Home Premium from Microsoft any more. Can I:

• Reserve and install a 32-bit version of Windows 10.
    • Then download a 64-bit version of Windows 10 from Microsoft for free and activate with my current product key.

JohnE10, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - Similar Threads - Awake Sleep Issue

2. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  3. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  4. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 2OH2 won't awake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 2OH2 won't awake from sleep mode: With Windows 10 1803 I could awake computer by moving the mouse, but since updating to Windows 10 version 2OH2, only the processor switches on, but Windows doesn't boot up and I have to switch off the computer to get windows to start How can I get computer to function as...
  7. upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: Need to upgrade my laptop windows from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro-64-bit-to-windows-10-64/1d42cd03-b607-4de5-9651-516a3cb14b18
  8. Recovery from sleep problems at Dell Vostro 5471

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery from sleep problems at Dell Vostro 5471: I have a new laptop. I upgraded to SSD and added new RAM. Sometimes I had a problem to resume computer from sleep. Today it was resumed well, but after 3 minutes stopped responding. SFC says everything is OK. I tried to change SSD for a new one. When I tried to install new...
  9. Dell 3670 win 10 64 bit Paint malfunnctions when i paste a copied object

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell 3670 win 10 64 bit Paint malfunnctions when i paste a copied object: When i paste a cutout or copied selection the object appears in the selection box normally. When i put the currsor in the box and click the left mouse button it acts o.k. When i hold down the left button and move tne mouse, the selected object moves o.k. But...…….....
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems: After clean installing Windows 10 I came across two irritations. Irritation 1:- When my desktop awakes from sleep, it doesn't see my Seagate External drive but does see my Iomega and WD external drives! If I restart or reboot it sees them all! No exclamation marks in Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell vostro opens to microsoft store when awaken from sllep mode

2. new dell Vostro computer is to my apps to sleep

3. dell vostro 3670 didnt restart it move on doze mode

4. sleep settings for dell vostro,
  5. Dell Vostro 420 windows 10 sleep,
  6. vostro mt 3670 issues