Windows 10: awake from sleep

Discus and support awake from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maranna, May 4, 2021 at 4:43 PM.

1. maranna Win User

awake from sleep

I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc decides to awake from sleep it occur for no reason I knw of and is hard to find and solve. Is there a reason why one place cannot be designated to keep it simple?

:)

2. Windows 10 sleep

I'd already tried using default power settings - no change.

As you suggested I created a test user account, that also fails to awake from sleep..

Thanks for your advice, any suggestions for next steps?

RichardPEdwards, May 4, 2021 at 4:46 PM
  3. Recon-UK Win User
    easy way to stay awake?

The best way to try and stay awake is to not try and stay awake.
    If i try to sleep i don't sleep and vice versa.

4. 恒张1 Win User

awake from sleep

sleep mode awake problem

Hi people, Today, my computer cannot be awaked from sleep mode, which never happen before.

computer equiped 8th intel CUP, and how should i do to avoid this issue happen again? Since, I scare that if one day i forgot save my papers and walk away, computer auto sleep, but cannot awake up. In this
    case, my papers might be lose.

Thema:

awake from sleep

1. awake from sleep - Similar Threads - awake sleep

2. After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen: Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and then later after few seconds, minutes or too much...
  3. Awake from sleep gets distorted display -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Awake from sleep gets distorted display -: I have a lenovo T470p dual boot Win10 v2004 and Win8.1 recently created dual boot. When system awakes from sleep(reopening the laptop screen) the display is multi colors with horizontal lines. This has only started after creating the dual boot. It take several hard restarts...
  4. very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meter keeps it awake

in Windows 10 Support
    very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meter keeps it awake: If I close voice meeter, it sleeps on the timer. it sleeps fine manually under powercfg /requests, it shows this when voice meeter is running, and it keeps it from sleeping on the timer. SYSTEM:[DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device...
  5. very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake

in Windows 10 Support
    very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake: If I close voice meeter, it sleeps on the timer. it sleeps fine manually under powercfg /requests, it shows this when voice meeter is running, and it keeps it from sleeping on the timer. SYSTEM:[DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device...
  6. have a pc here which when told to sleep shuts down, instantly awakes

in Windows 10 Support
    have a pc here which when told to sleep shuts down, instantly awakes: As soon as the power button turns yellow, it turns green and screen is back for a login powercfg /requests show none for all. I set sleep plan to reset to defaults and set to important wake timers only. This is a desktop optiplex 755 170223
  7. Windows 10 Pro 2OH2 won't awake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 2OH2 won't awake from sleep mode: With Windows 10 1803 I could awake computer by moving the mouse, but since updating to Windows 10 version 2OH2, only the processor switches on, but Windows doesn't boot up and I have to switch off the computer to get windows to start How can I get computer to function as...
  8. Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard: I recently purchase an HP all in one with windows 10 installed. I also purchased and installed MS Office. I cannot get the machine to wake up with a mouse or keyboard. I made sure that windows 10 is up to date. I have done all of the things suggested on the web, device...
  9. awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net - Solution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net - Solution?: Long standing problem for many people - awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net. This happens on all my PC's - both Ethernet and Wireless connected ones. Sometimes no problem, other times it fails. On the wireless ones, they often show the connected icon at...
  10. Windows doesn't sleep, Automatically awakes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't sleep, Automatically awakes: When I try to sleep my windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.720, Laptop Haier Y11c By pressing sleep button, It sleep for a second and then awakes automatically. I have no external peripherals installed....