Windows 10: Away Mode issue

Discus and support Away Mode issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Thank you for this great and impressive forum and site. I'm using WMC to record TV broadcasts but in Windows 10 when the computer (Dell XPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wm334, Dec 23, 2015.

1. wm334 Win User

Away Mode issue

Hi,

Thank you for this great and impressive forum and site.

I'm using WMC to record TV broadcasts but in Windows 10 when the computer (Dell XPS 8900) wakes from sleep to carry out a scheduled recording it doesn't go into Away Mode as the monitor turns on. This didn't happen in Windows 7. Same happens if I use WinTV. I added the "Allow Away Mode Policy" in Power Options in Windows 10 but makes no difference.

Anybody else have this problem ?

Thanks.

:)

wm334, Dec 23, 2015

2. how to remove voicemail notification

This most definately is an operator issue as the icon would normaly go away once you have listend to any voicemail messages. Normally it should go away if you switch to flight mode and back as this would reset the connection and registration of the SIM.

Paul van der Heu, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Desktop computer wont sleep, it only shuts off the screen like a tablet. Help.

Nope, its still doing it, but I discovered a bit of information that's very important and confirms my suspicions.

In the Event viewer, when this issue occurs, my attempts to sleep my computer show up as "The system is entering Away Mode." (Event ID: 59) instead of "The system is entering sleep." (Event ID: 42).

Whats causing it to chose "Away mode" is beyond me.

Hopefully this helps diagnose the problem.

Also, I discovered that I can force it to sleep via the command "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0" via the command prompt.

Its seems that the function of the sleep button, both on the keyboard and in the start menu, is changed to "away" mode instead of "sleep" mode.

SagittariusC, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

Away Mode issue

1. Away Mode issue - Similar Threads - Away Mode issue

2. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  3. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  4. Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?: Hi all,I'm trying to configure my living room PC so that it would function as a WiFi hotspot continuously. I was unable to keep my WiFi, VPN and Mobile Hotspot on while in Sleep S3 mode, but I noticed that while in Away Mode my computer functions just as I expected - it keeps...
  5. Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?: Hi all,I'm trying to configure my living room PC so that it would function as a WiFi hotspot continuously. I was unable to keep my WiFi, VPN and Mobile Hotspot on while in Sleep S3 mode, but I noticed that while in Away Mode my computer functions just as I expected - it keeps...
  6. Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Driver issue won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver issue won't go away: https://imgur.com/a/m1SAdp0 Restarting the PC does nothing, it's the same after restarting. PC tends to randomly shut down by itself when I'm gaming. When it boots, it scans disk and repairs but has never found anything faulty. Any idea on what's happening? PC is new, 5600x...
  8. Window stuck in aways-on-top mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Window stuck in aways-on-top mode: Version: Win10 Edu, 2004, x64 I have the unusual problem that sporadically a window gets stuck in always-on-top mode and there is no way to get it back to normal behavior except restarting the program. I don't really know how to reliably reproduce it and I only noticed this...
  9. Windows "Away Mode" is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows "Away Mode" is not working: Hello, I'm trying to make "Away mode" to work in windows 10. I already followed the Tutorial, which explains how to add the "Allow Away Mode Policy". I enabled it. Also under Multimedia settings --> when sharing media , i chose "allow the computer to enter away mode" ....
  10. Modem disconnect/throw away issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modem disconnect/throw away issue: Hey guys, I have a problem I would like some help on...not sure if this is the right platform. I am using a Huawei E series modem and it keeps disconnecting after around 30 minutes of use, but just a normal disconnect.. windows stops registering the device itself completely....