Windows 10: Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

Discus and support Awful and Braindead windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MasonRo, Oct 15, 2019.

1. MasonRo Win User

Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some reason my audio jack is now not detecting any audio. Great job microsoft, you managed to produce an update that actually makes on of my computer components not work anymore!!!! Are you serious?? How could you actually fk up an update so bad that it doesnt improve anything, and actually hinders my computers performance. I never write complaints but jesus christ this one was actually enraging.

:)

MasonRo, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 15, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

1. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Awful Braindead update

2. Awful update experience... Again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Awful update experience... Again!: This is a genuine question. With additional info...I own 3 android devices. All 3 update fast and easily, and only when I let them!I own 3 gaming consoles. Again, all 3 update fast and easily.I own 3 PCs. All on windows. All of them are a nightmare to update.Now look, I'm not...
  3. Windows 10 is awful and constantly crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is awful and constantly crashes: I have only just bought a new laptop and Windows 10 just keeps crashing. I have been trying to solve it for 2 weeks as we are in lockdown. I have had this error Kernel Power Critical Error 41 I have update all the drivers, This stopped the laptop from crashing for 1...
  4. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

Awful and Braindead windows 10 update: Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some reason my audio jack is now not detecting any audio. Great job microsoft, you managed to produce an update that actually...
  5. Windows 10 font is awful

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 font is awful: Hello, I just got upgraded to Windows 10 and the system font that is on Outlook 10 and my folders sidebar is horrible. It's Segoe and for a person who has to use magnifier glasses, it looks so faded and is hard to read. From doing online research, there doesn't seem to be a...
  6. The recent windows update done something awful.

The recent windows update done something awful.: hello, My sister started to have an issue with windows 10. The recent windows update done something awful. When the update was finished my sister couldn't sign into her window's account we tried to restart the computer itself and then, everything seem to reseted for...
  7. Awful Windows Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Awful Windows Support: I am still trying to get Microsoft to fix issues with Windows 10 1809, in particular after the upgrade and am unsuccessful after waiting for a few months I believe now. I finally called again on 2/11/19 and a new case was given for an old issue because Microsoft had no record...
  8. Windows 10 is awful

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is awful: Dear community, Please tell me why we put up with this sub-par operation system. I've just recently received a massive update - that shut my computer down while I was working, mind you - and now my PC cannot open a new folder, will white out a window if I so much as click...
  9. Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Awful sound after Windows 10 Update: Helloo. So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound Enhancer as I have a car subwoofer hooked up to an RCA splitter to my HiFi system AUX cable that connects into the GREEN...
  10. Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

Awful sound after Windows 10 Update: Helloo. So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound Enhancer as I have a car subwoofer hooked up to an RCA splitter to my HiFi system AUX cable that connects into the GREEN...