Windows 10: Awful online support experience

Discus and support Awful online support experience in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im having graphical problems with latest cumulative updates, and since I cant inform issues with the update directly from the update change log (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AGWIN10, Mar 15, 2019.

1. AGWIN10 Win User

Awful online support experience

Im having graphical problems with latest cumulative updates, and since I cant inform issues with the update directly from the update change log (I provided feedback on the page to allow this) I decided to contact support to help me send feedback to improve the updates.

First of all, I cant currently find any history logs of the chat session which unfortunately didn't screenshot, no email notifications. If there is a way to see that please let me know.

So when the chat session started I told the assistant to help me send feedback on the latest cumulative updates. I answered every question he/she made, and then asked me to take control of my PC. I always avoid these situations but since im contacting Microsoft, I trusted the call and proceed to install the remote access. I told the assistant beforehand that I updated drivers, tried compatibility modes, tried disabling fullscreen optimizations, etc to no avail. what the assistant does? opens device manager, clicked on update drivers for my gpu which I already told that I updated them, (to 419.35, minutes before contacting support in fact) and then used msconfig to disable all non microsoft services. Then hit restart.

In hind sight I should of known better, but I didn't expect to get this disrespectful and lazy "support". I just took extra time uninstalling drivers in safe mode and carefully re installing and drivers with DDU and re starting in proper order for someone to hit update button on device manager....

Since im making this thread, I would use it to share the problem in case. I launched Ryse son of Rome today and its having very noticeable frame drops and stutters, when it used to run smoothly. I saw the latest update should fix "graphical performance issues" but it seems theres still issues. A weekly security update for an OS shouldn't be able to cap the performance of hardware. Please fix this issue is very upsetting.

:)

AGWIN10, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 15, 2019
  3. mykesxx Win User
    Awful support experience

I thought I would share my recent support experience.

I'm not a fan of Microsoft products. I finally broke down and bought one of these nifty new Lenovo 720 2-in-1 with the 7700HQ I7 processor and 4K screen, etc. A lot of high specs for the money. I'd say it's roughly equivalent to my 2015 15" loaded MacBook
    Pro. Some things better, some things worse. Similar form factor, even.

Anyhow, I had this laptop for maybe 2-3 weeks and then a thick black line appeared on the display, and nothing made it go away. It was there during boot, the bios screen, and in Windows. Obviously a hardware issue.

I went on Reddit and found a thread where the OP asked about his laptop having this exact problem. The many replies, "me too!"

It's obviously a quality control issue. Maybe you get what you pay for...

So I bring the laptop back to Best Buy where I bought it. Geek Squad. I was told to do this by Lenovo support when I called to ask about the issue. Geek Squad wouldn't simply replace the laptop on the spot. Instead they sent it to some repair center
    and I was without the laptop for about 2 weeks.

I got an email from them saying I was to go to the store and get a replacement laptop. All that worked out great. I like Best Buy and always have.

I get the thing home and turn it on. It starts doing its updates so I went to the store to get groceries. I have seen that before! Blue screens, lots of reboots, "don't power off your computer." Windows is still Windows!

I had paid $99 to upgrade the Windows 10 Home version to Pro (I do use the Pro features, like NFS and bash/ubuntu). I figure I paid the $99 for it on the bad computer, so I really deserve to have it on the replacement, right?

So I call Microsoft Support. I was put on hold several times by the first guy. 2 minutes each time. Dead silence and eventually it played some music. He ended up transferring me to someone else. The same thing. Then to someone else. I eventually got
    transferred to the billing department and they transferred me to some other department who finally got my Pro upgrade done.

In the process, I was put on hold for tens of minutes. I was given the run around between 4 or 5 different support people. I never saw my product ID because it's not shown on the www site even after I log in with my Microsoft account and look at purchases,
    etc. It wasn't sent to me in the purchase confirmation email, either.

All I wanted was them to give me a product key so I could enter it in the activation dialog.

Seriously. By the time it was finally done, it was FIFTY NINE MINUTES AND THIRTY THREE SECONDS. That's an hour I'll never get back.

I cannot believe Microsoft support is ill equipped to handle such a fairly common thing (people replace hard disks, whatever, and need their key). In my case, I couldn't get the key because Geek Squad sent my laptop away before I realized I would need it.

Also, in the process, two different support people logged into my machine using a screen share program. I'm not an idiot. Just give me the frigging key and let me type it in.

I give them the order number, they deactivate the old laptop and give me a working key. Too much to expect.

I came ][ <- this close to just ditching Windows and installing Ubuntu on the thing, just because of the hassle. It would have been done in a fraction of the time the support call took.

So:

1) first experience with my gaming laptop was 4 hours of reboots, blue screens, system updates. A good first experience is: desktop, install game, play game!

2) godawful customer care

3) faulty (shoddy?) hardware

Thanks for reading my story.

mykesxx, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Awful online support experience

B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Awful online support experience

1. Awful online support experience - Similar Threads - Awful online support

2. How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...: I purchased a brand new Dell Latitude 3540 and set it up today. Everything was working smoothly and I had set it up using the Microsoft 365 account that I had created - I was not asked to set up a separate password. The laptop then goes into standby whilst my desk is...
  3. How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...: I purchased a brand new Dell Latitude 3540 and set it up today. Everything was working smoothly and I had set it up using the Microsoft 365 account that I had created - I was not asked to set up a separate password. The laptop then goes into standby whilst my desk is...
  4. My Experience With Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Experience With Microsoft Support: The scenario thus far: It is late November, and the school year is nearly ending. I was super hyped for the holidays where I can hang out with friends and chill on the couch playing video games. I come home from school one day to play Minecraft with my friends when I realised...
  5. online support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    online support: can't get to my admin settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-support/117f77f9-9ba5-41b2-85b4-06c786198027
  6. online support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    online support: can't get to my admin settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-support/117f77f9-9ba5-41b2-85b4-06c786198027
  7. Awful update experience... Again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Awful update experience... Again!: This is a genuine question. With additional info...I own 3 android devices. All 3 update fast and easily, and only when I let them!I own 3 gaming consoles. Again, all 3 update fast and easily.I own 3 PCs. All on windows. All of them are a nightmare to update.Now look, I'm not...
  8. Why Is the Micrsoft store on Pc such an awful experience?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why Is the Micrsoft store on Pc such an awful experience?: Now before you stupid bots get confused I'm not saying that the store isn't functioning, it is kind off so don't offer me solutions. What I'm refering to is the awful userface and the fact that it just doesn't work I know I said it is working but what I mean are issues at...
  9. online support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    online support: Can I pay to have Microsoft take control of my computer and fix a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-support/cbe463b5-5e5b-42e3-838e-f359bd034c65
  10. Awful Windows Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Awful Windows Support: I am still trying to get Microsoft to fix issues with Windows 10 1809, in particular after the upgrade and am unsuccessful after waiting for a few months I believe now. I finally called again on 2/11/19 and a new case was given for an old issue because Microsoft had no record...