Windows 10: Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode

Discus and support Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally turned on High Contrast mode today, and when I turned it back off, a bunch of visuals on my version of Windows has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GinaGiannetti, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode

Hello,

I accidentally turned on High Contrast mode today, and when I turned it back off, a bunch of visuals on my version of Windows has been changed. Instead of a transparent task bar and header bar on programs, they are solid gray (even though transparency is on), and all of the bar lines and details are gone from any websites or web browsers I own. I have tried everything I can think of, but it makes everything look awful.

Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode 694664a1-e234-4c75-b26d-69088c274f32?upload=true.png

As you can see above, there is no black line below the window tabs, and no lines or any details separating website options or Facebook comments. It makes everything look awful and visually it is impossible for me to get used to.

Is there any way to undo this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

:)

GinaGiannetti, Oct 5, 2019

2. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    High Contrast Will Not Turn Off

Hi Emily,

To help you better please provide us with the below information.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Which build is currently running on your computer?

What troubleshooting steps have tried to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you refer to the below article and Post, check if it help in addressing your issue.

Turn on high contrast mode

How do you turn off High Contrast on Windows 10?

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Darshan J, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode

High Contrast Mode

I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please!

duckyrubber, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode

1. Awful Visual Changes after Accidentally Turning On High Contrast Mode - Similar Threads - Awful Visual Changes

2. Cant turn off high contrast mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn off high contrast mode: I go to college and i accidentally turned on high contrast mode, i cant change it back and im scared and im not really sure to do, i cant edit the theme and i would like to solve it quickly as i need to do stuff on it so please helpc...
  3. Cant turn off high contrast mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off high contrast mode: I go to college and i accidentally turned on high contrast mode, i cant change it back and im scared and im not really sure to do, i cant edit the theme and i would like to solve it quickly as i need to do stuff on it so please helpc...
  4. High Contrast Mode will not turn off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast Mode will not turn off.: Since the last w10 update I have noticed the date & time, weather temperature greyed out. Rather annoying as when you hover mouse over either, they still don't become very visible.I was trying to make these visible again and set High Contrast Mode by accident.Now it will not...
  5. High contrast turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High contrast turning on: Each time I log into my computer a screen appears with the high contrast on, I dunno what it is because I never use the contrast on my PC. At least I think it has to do something with the contrast? Sometimes it stays in for a few seconds and it goes back to normal but...
  6. Stuck in high contrast mode!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in high contrast mode!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5150-5150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h16bam/stuck_in_high_contrast_mode/
  7. High Contrast Mode(Bug?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Contrast Mode(Bug?): I turned on high contrast mode a while back thinking it would work like dark mode on my phone, I quickly realized I didn't like it so I turned it off. Now all of my search bars and my folders still display in HCM. How do I fix this? I have restarted my computer (probably...
  8. EXCEL high contrast mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXCEL high contrast mode: I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it. What can I do?...
  9. Turn On or Off High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off High Contrast Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off High Contrast Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off High Contrast Mode in Windows 10 If its hard to read text on your screen because you need more color contrast, you can turn on high contrast mode. High contrast mode makes text and apps...
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661