Windows 10: Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

Discus and support Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been something happening to me these past few months and it has been extremely frustrating. I tried calling Windows support but nobody would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HazyVortex-B2D6CD7E-E828-, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

This has been something happening to me these past few months and it has been extremely frustrating. I tried calling Windows support but nobody would help. They kept directing me to different departments or outright hanging up.

Anyway, my issue is suddenly the colors when I am using my PC go from the usual beautiful and vibrant colors, to an awful, dull and washed out look. It looks like someone jacked up the contrast. Thing is, I have to put up with these for a few days, then the issue won't occur for quite some time. Say a few days later, it will suddenly occur and restarting won't work. I recently did a clean install for my PC, and still the issue persists.

I have done just about everything I read on forums. I have made sure in Nvidia's control panel that colors are set to full, not limited. I have disabled fast boot. I have disabled some setting involving color management in task scheduler. I have tried using ASUS's ICC profile, I have tried using the program CPKeeper. I have made sure my GPU is not overclocked, I have used other ICC profiles in Windows Color Management, as well as Windows default profiles. Night light is off, I made sure my DVI cable is properly connected. I updated my graphics drivers. HDR is off as well. This was all before I did a clean install hoping this would correct the issue. I have tried going back to previous versions of GPU drivers, even previous Windows 10 updates version. Nothing helps.

Here is the thing. When I start up my PC for the first time of the day, the colors are displayed correctly and beautifully. After any amount of timecan range from minutes to hours, the colors will begin to go off, looking awful and straining my eyes. Lately, it occurs the moment I start up a video game on Steam. And once the colors go off, shutting off the PC won't fix the issue. The PC has to be off for hours before it displayed the colors correctly. Since the colors are displayed correctly initially, I believe it may not be a monitor issue. And again, the kicker is that sometimes the issue will not occur for days/weeks/months until it suddenly occurs and will persist for a few days.

I am just about out of ideas, and I am just so fed up with the issue. So, any suggestions?

Windows 10

Nvidia GTX 980ti

Asus Vg248qe

:)

HazyVortex-B2D6CD7E-E828-, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Voiltare Win User

Windows 10 washed out colors

I have washed out colors.

I have tried calibrating colors. I booted into safe mode and it's still washed out. I have reinstalled nvidia drivers.

Fully up to date Windows 10

i76700K

980ti (drivers are updated)

1TB NVME SSD

32 GB RAM

Voiltare, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Washed Out Color Screen

I Have a washed out color screen. How do I get back to normal colors and resolution?

[Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup ]

CharlesERoberts, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Voiltare Win User

Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

Windows 10 washed out colors

I am 100% certain it is not a hardware issue. Google windows 10 creator's update washed out colors and you'll see what I mean.

I've been building gaming PC's for 20 years. This is a windows problem.

Voiltare, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

1. Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently - Similar Threads - Awful washed colors

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. colors get washed out

colors get washed out: The problem has showed up out of nowhere. When I turned on my PC, the colors have changed and seemed like washed out. I tried to reboot the PC but it didn’t help. I’d had bright colors before....
  6. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  7. Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

in Windows 10 Support
    Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently: Windows 10 Version # 1909 Hi, This has been something happening to me these past few months and it has been extremely frustrating. I tried calling Windows support but nobody would help. They kept directing me to different departments or outright hanging up. Anyway, my...
  8. Need help with awful, washed out colors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with awful, washed out colors: So this has happened to others where colors look very washed out. Just awful, I can't quite describe it. Hopefully you guys can see what I mean in this gif. This actually happened to me months ago and spent about 4 hours trying to fix it. I have tried going into my Nvidia...
  9. Washed out Taskbar Color

Washed out Taskbar Color: I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I noticed my Taskbar was no longer anywhere near the color it had been - a slightly-lighter shade of my dark green background...
  10. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...