Windows 10: Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare

Discus and support Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently a neighbor asked me to help him troubleshoot a printer problem on his Win10 Lenovo laptop, since I've used Windows for decades and am fairly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Al Nonymous, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare

Recently a neighbor asked me to help him troubleshoot a printer problem on his Win10 Lenovo laptop, since I've used Windows for decades and am fairly computer-savvy.

But his Win10 user interface was incomprehensible to me. On my Win10 Dell laptop, I have Windows configured with the 'legacy' Windows user interface. But his is a bewildering artificial interface that totally isolates the user from Windows - it took me 45 minutes just to figure out how to make "My Computer" show up on his desktop, and even when it did, it would not even show me his Drive C "Users". His user account is set as Admin, which is not good, so I wanted to create a new 'standard user' account for him...but couldn't figure out how to do it.

His printing problem might have had something to do with the brain-damaged PDF reader app that came with the OS from the Microsoft Store, because the same PDF printed just fine on my Dell laptop. So I tried downloading Acrobat Reader from Adobe. But It would not install because the OS was locked in "S" mode prohibiting installing any non-Microsoft Store apps.

In the end I was totally unable to help him; All my time was spent trying unsuccessfully to figure out his awful user interface.

Now I'm worried about whether some future Microsoft Update is going to wipe out my 'legacy' user interface and automatically impose the same hellish interface on my PC. How can I make sure that doesn't happen?

My Dell runs Win10 Pro 64-bit version 20H2, OS build 19042.804.
    Unfortunately I don't know what version my Neighbor's Lenovo has, but his Lenovo is less than a year old.

:)

Al Nonymous, Mar 15, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Mar 15, 2021
  4. THE_EGG Win User

Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare

A question for Win10 users.

I put off the upgrade for my desktop till only a few weeks ago. For me everything went smoothly except my wifi management software for my motherboard's wifi won't work (not a big deal as it still works without it). Nothing else went bad though.

The Win10 upgrade for my Gigabyte laptop went smoothly but my HP still has some intermittent issues that only arose since the upgrade (touchscreen sometimes doesn't work, wifi cuts out spontaneously etc).

THE_EGG, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare

1. Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare - Similar Threads - Awful Win10 user

2. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  3. HOW TO MAKE WIN10 FASTER

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO MAKE WIN10 FASTER: HOW TO MAKE WINDOWS 10 VERY FAST https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-win10-faster/0d96e60e-26cb-4dec-8f09-e691612c2202
  4. Task Manager in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager in win10: I had a serious problem with my taskmanager in my laptop working with win 10 20H2 . when l like to open the performance sectıon in task manager l see freezing and then comes the blue screen of death .. please can help. Thanks a lot 176514
  5. Updated Win10 now PC is running awfully

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated Win10 now PC is running awfully: Earlier this month I performed a windows 10 update as it asked me to do (not to 2004), and since completing that update my CPU has been struggling. It tanks and freezes when doing my usual things, Steam is constantly freezing my PC and it's getting really frustrating. Specs:...
  6. disk management Win10

disk management Win10: When I try to open it ,the screen comes up with "connecting to Virtual Disk Service" but even several hours later nothing else has happened. Have tried several strategies from online forums and even run repair disc and recovery disk, all to no avail. Anyone have any...
  7. Upgrading to Win10 has become a nightmare.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to Win10 has become a nightmare.: I’m not sure if this is the right sub to post this on but here it goes. After really not wanting to upgrade my windows from 8.1 to 10 for the 4th time (because every time I did it I would get major issues) I thought this time would be different. Me just wanting to play the...
  8. switching users in win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switching users in win10: How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-in-win10/2d6fb1d6-6b0e-4eb0-9f18-73692c1ced7c
  9. user profile Win10

user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  10. Another Nvidia/Win10 Nightmare (No Signal)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another Nvidia/Win10 Nightmare (No Signal): Hi, Hope someone can assist. Last Saturday my bedroom HTPC came down with a bad case of Cerber {ransomware: thanks Russian knobs}. As it was only a basic media streamer I decided to just wipe & format ALL internal drives/partitions, as well as any USB sticks that had...