Windows 10: Azure AD: Admin credentials not pushing through to older devices

Discus and support Azure AD: Admin credentials not pushing through to older devices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, A couple of months ago I began a new IT Administrator role. Since then I've been experiencing an issue where PCs that were registered... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sam_KB, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Sam_KB Win User

Azure AD: Admin credentials not pushing through to older devices

Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago I began a new IT Administrator role. Since then I've been experiencing an issue where PCs that were registered before I started don't recognise my admin credentials despite me being a Device Administrator in Azure AD. This is the case whether I'm logged into my own account or entering my credentials via someone else's login. Is anyone aware of this issue and know a way to push device administrators out to joined devices?

Thanks,
    Sam

:)

Sam_KB, Apr 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Remote Desktop connection using Azure AD Credentials

My organization is running Windows 10 joined to Azure AD organization (completely cloud hosted, i.e. no on-prem Active Directory). I login to my PC with a username in the form of "username@organization.com" with no issues and have enabled Remote Desktop connections to this PC.

If I attempt to Remote Desktop from another PC on the LAN or from home, my credentials are always deemed invalid. If I attempt to login using a local account (via RDP) it works just fine.

Can anyone suggest why Azure AD credentials do not work over RDP or how to enable this feature?

Andrew Mahon, Apr 7, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Dis-Join Azure AD

Lol you are welcome... Azure has been my new world the last 2 years.

Was this an Azure AD domain for work?

If so, contact your IT department to remove your device.

And I assume you tried creating a new local admin account on your PC to try with?

SarahKong, Apr 7, 2019
  4. CHIPABF Win User

Dis-Join Azure AD

Thank you Sarah to introducing me to a whole new world! Unfortunately my login is a user and not admin so can not administer the accounts to remove the Azure domain. I have been looking to how to ascertain becoming the administrator of the account I created,
    hum...

CHIPABF, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Azure AD: Admin credentials not pushing through to older devices - Similar Threads - Azure Admin credentials

2. Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD: We are in the process of transitioning our laptop deployment from Local AD to Azure AD using Autopilot. We've noticed a behavior in Windows Hello that has changed with this transition: Upon logging in with Windows Hello, the system no longer seems to have cached credentials...
  3. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  4. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  5. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  6. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  7. Multiple Users per Device - Azure AD?

Multiple Users per Device - Azure AD?: I want all users from my organisation to be able to log in to all devices. I tried just adding the users in settings but it said the Microsoft accounts didn't exist.However I think I had to connect the device to our company's Azure AD, which I have now done. I assume this...
  8. Can I use Azure AD to push Enable Win32 long paths?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I use Azure AD to push Enable Win32 long paths?: Hi I am working with a set of long folders for a client and each new machine we setup requires long paths to be enabled or other work arounds due to the file structure on this network. As they have Azure AD are we able to use this to push out a policy to all machines to allow...
  9. sendpulse.com Push Ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sendpulse.com Push Ads: Does anyone know how to block sendpulse.com push ads? I've tried the clean-up options, and nothing is found, but the pop-ups persist. Yes, my pop-up blocker is enabled, and no, right-clicking on the ad does nothing but make it disappear. Many thanks. PS Chrome, Firefox,...
  10. Azure AD connected Devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure AD connected Devices: Hello, I was just wondering if someone can assist me please, this might be a simple question yet i can't seem to find answers for it so far so i thought it might be best to ask the community. We have recently started connecting staff tablets to Azure AD so they use there...