Windows 10: Azure AD Remote Desktop Not Working

Discus and support Azure AD Remote Desktop Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to use Remote Desktop to connect to Azure AD joined PC.Connect to remote Azure Active Directory-joined PC Windows 10 - Windows Client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by funklett, Apr 29, 2021.

1. funklett Win User

Azure AD Remote Desktop Not Working

I am unable to use Remote Desktop to connect to Azure AD joined PC.Connect to remote Azure Active Directory-joined PC Windows 10 - Windows Client Management Microsoft DocsI have fresh installed 2 x windows PC and checked and followed the above instructions.I am unable to connect to one PC from the other.The version of Windows is 10.0.19042.928 and I have joined the PC to Azure with the same credentials.The firewall is set up correctly, I haven't changed this.The remote desktop slider in the new Settings will not stay "on".sysdm.cpl shows that Remote Desktop is enabled and states the u

:)

funklett, Apr 29, 2021

2. Windows 10 Remote Desktop connection using Azure AD Credentials

My organization is running Windows 10 joined to Azure AD organization (completely cloud hosted, i.e. no on-prem Active Directory). I login to my PC with a username in the form of "username@organization.com" with no issues and have enabled Remote Desktop connections to this PC.

If I attempt to Remote Desktop from another PC on the LAN or from home, my credentials are always deemed invalid. If I attempt to login using a local account (via RDP) it works just fine.

Can anyone suggest why Azure AD credentials do not work over RDP or how to enable this feature?

Andrew Mahon, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Remote desktop azure joined computers

We are testing to move everyone from our old domain to azure ad join computers. But remote desktop don't work properly. It works sometimes from an azure AD join computer to another AAD. Dont work from from AAD to an domain joined.

Any sugestions?

[Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category]

Jan AndreAsmarvik, Apr 29, 2021
  4. vacip Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop connection using Azure AD Credentials

It is possible. Basically you have to ensure no authentication information is sent when connecting, forcing the login screen to appear.

To do this, you must create and edit an .rdp file.

1. Open the Remote Desktop Connection window, enter the computer name or IP
    2. Save connection settings (Show options, Save as)
    3. Open the saved .rdp file in a text editor, and make sure these rows exist like this:

1. Load this into RDC (Open button)
    2. Connect, provide Azure AD credentials, enjoy!

Note: when setting up the computer accepting the connection make sure not to force Network Level Authentication (checkbox on the menu where you allow the remote connections).

Credits where it's due: morgansimonsenblog.azurewebsites.net

vacip, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Azure AD Remote Desktop Not Working - Similar Threads - Azure Remote Desktop

2. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  3. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  4. Wireless disabled on remote Azure AD laptop -how to get it working - no wireless on login...

Wireless disabled on remote Azure AD laptop -how to get it working - no wireless on login...: Hello,I had an issue with a remote office. A Windows 11 2022 year Dell 5520 Latitude computer not enrolled in AutoPilot was stored after a user separated. As often happens, a new employee was hired on Wed evening, starting on Monday AM. We could not get the user's Azure AD...
  5. Wireless disabled on remote Azure AD laptop -how to get it working - no wireless on login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless disabled on remote Azure AD laptop -how to get it working - no wireless on login...: Hello,I had an issue with a remote office. A Windows 11 2022 year Dell 5520 Latitude computer not enrolled in AutoPilot was stored after a user separated. As often happens, a new employee was hired on Wed evening, starting on Monday AM. We could not get the user's Azure AD...
  6. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  7. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  8. Azure AD Connector

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Azure AD Connector: If I have one Azure Ad connector at one data center. If there was a disaster or during DR testing, I power down the the Azure AD connector and bring it up a copy/replicated/backup on the other data center. Same VLan no change to the machine. Then run it for a day then delete...
  9. Remote desktop to an Azure joined PC on corporate domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop to an Azure joined PC on corporate domain: Hello, I wondered if someone can help. I am trying to set up a remote worker, who will need to use a home PC to RDP into their work PC which is on a corporate LAN. I have everything set up and I can establish an RDP connection BUT I am unable to log in using "*** Email...
  10. Adding Desktop to Microsoft Account remotely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding Desktop to Microsoft Account remotely.: I gave a Dell Inspiron 8347 to my nephew. I removed it from my Microsoft Account. I would like to put it back on there. Is that possible without logging into the desktop. The desktop is locked and I have to send him a recovery CD. I would like to add it remotely....