Windows 10: Azure AD user access to network share drive Pin prompts

Discus and support Azure AD user access to network share drive Pin prompts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Azure AD user login to windows 10 Azure AD, and access to network share drive Pin prompts, when entered the pin, it fails and pop up "the system cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fredliunz, Apr 23, 2020.

1. fredliunz Win User

Azure AD user access to network share drive Pin prompts

Azure AD user login to windows 10 Azure AD, and access to network share drive Pin prompts, when entered the pin, it fails and pop up "the system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request". But user can use his normal domain AD password to get it work. anyone knows how to resovle Pin prompt issue? Thanks in advance.

:)

fredliunz, Apr 23, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Microsoft Azure AD

Can I know if Azure AD work on the following environment?

- Is it able to join to Azure AD domain using Windows 7 Pro?

- If map drive to shared folders on other network sharing device like NAS, is it able to auto map using batch file in Azure AD users properties?

Thanks.

Kok Keong

Kok Keong Kan, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Azure AD user access to network share drive Pin prompts

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Azure AD user access to network share drive Pin prompts

1. Azure AD user access to network share drive Pin prompts - Similar Threads - Azure user access

2. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  3. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD: Hi,Currently we have our on-premise AD syncing to our Azure AD. We want to remove our on-premise AD and move all of our users to Azure AD. Since every user is already synced to our Azure AD, can we shut down our on-premise AD and connect our computers to the Azure AD? Will...
  4. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD: Hi,Currently we have our on-premise AD syncing to our Azure AD. We want to remove our on-premise AD and move all of our users to Azure AD. Since every user is already synced to our Azure AD, can we shut down our on-premise AD and connect our computers to the Azure AD? Will...
  5. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  7. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  8. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  10. Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials

Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials: This is a very strange annoyance. Whenever I initially try to access the public folder on a networked PC named 'WiRNS' from any other PC, I'm presented with this 'Network Credentials' prompt: [img] Note that it already says in red, "The user name or password is incorrect"...